+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sorry, yet another dumb question: how slow/fast is Family Class PR process?

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
So.... sorry... yet another dumb question here, but:

I'm marrying my Canadian fiance next month, and we're coming back to Nova Scotia at the start of December, and mailing out our Family Class residency application/sponsorship -- for me and my 2 year old daughter -- in December.

How long should I expect it to take, before I get approved?

(I mean, assuming I'm approved.)

PS: i'm actually trying to determine how long my daughter and I will be living without health coverage, if there's a three-month wait post-approval for health coverage. Complicating things: I'm pregnant. And now I'm completely confused about what we can possibly do for health care -- since it appears even private insurance options aren't available with the "pre-existing" condition of pregnancy. Ugh.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As with your previous post, there is no health care insurance available to you and your daughter until you become PRs other than private which will not cover your pregnancy because it's pre-existing. Your daughter will qualify for private.

As far as timelines, it depends on when you send the application and how well it is prepared. Seems like you have a lawyer assisting you so hopefully they will dot all the i's and cross all the t's so that everything is complete and compelling. The sponsorship approval portion will take about 6 weeks and then the file will be transferred to the Visa post in Buffalo. Processing times are currently listed at 4 to 9 months for Buffalo.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

jetice

Oct 20, 2009
Family Class Sponsorship hello, i have a question,my sister file in for me on my mother on my sister on ere danger but it just my mother they call to do medical exam the she did it be4 but call back on stay she not going to make it too Canada this year so they send back the medical paper far she to take it back over but they did not send any for me on my sister why is that can some one tell me what up with tha

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You already posted this in another thread. Please do not hijack other people's threads. Thank you.

jetice said:
Family Class Sponsorship hello, i have a question,my sister file in for me on my mother on my sister on ere danger but it just my mother they call to do medical exam the she did it be4 but call back on stay she not going to make it too Canada this year so they send back the medical paper far she to take it back over but they did not send any for me on my sister why is that can some one tell me what up with tha

Cebuano

Oct 21, 2009
If you filed outland through cpc mississaugua then buffalo, it was relatively fast for us so far. We sent our package away on July 17 this year and on Oct.2 we were asked for the $490 for the right of permananet residence fee. All the best to you =)