+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOP

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You misunderstood. Those graduates could not find jobs because they did not have the skills, not because of lack of job opportunities. There is severe shortage of data scientists in my country because candidates do not have skills. This is because skills provided by India colleges are not sufficient to get a job. I have decided to drop the 2,00,000 number cause it can be confusing. I'll just say that there were 1,00,000 vacancies because Indian graduates applying for the job lack skills and i want international education to get those skills. will it work?
Are you doing Masters? If not, the PG programs in Canada for Data science are crap as well

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
So guys while mentioning this report in my sop should i cite it properly in APA format or just write the name of website?
APA feels like you're trying too hard. just say something like 'according to a report by -name of newspaper-'

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
honestly, why are you writing those numbers in the indian counting system? write it like how a canadian would write it (100,000 and 200,000)
I was about to ask why is she writing the numbers wrong. I didn't know there's something called "Indian counting system" :) :D .

Reactions: Yeet_sire

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
I was about to ask why is she writing the numbers wrong. I didn't know there's something called "Indian counting system" :) :D .
well you learn something new everyday! the reason she's writing it like that is because 100,000 is 1 lakh, so thats why she wrote the comma there. a crore will be 100 lakhs, so 10 million, and it's written like 1,00,00,000.

Reactions: wonderbly

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
Thank you everyone for your advice. I really want to add this information in my SOP because I feel that stating figures will make my SOP more credible. But I am also worried if it will look like i am trying too hard. As an aspiring data analyst i think data speaks truth and that’s why i want to mention this. Am I overthinking?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you everyone for your advice. I really want to add this information in my SOP because I feel that stating figures will make my SOP more credible. But I am also worried if it will look like i am trying too hard. As an aspiring data analyst i think data speaks truth and that’s why i want to mention this. Am I overthinking?
Add the information if it improves your SOP to show that you will return following graduation.

Reactions: Sciencegirl98

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
There aren't any hard and fast rules regarding what you can put in your SOP. If you feel it helps your case, include it. Good luck.

Reactions: Sciencegirl98