+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOP

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
Can i mention an article from a website in my sop. I am writing why i have not chosen a similar program in my home country. So according to the website 1,00,000 vacancies were left in india by august in data science inspite of india producing 2,00,000 computer science graduates. The website stated that it is because of lack of skill set among indian graduates. Can i mention this report as it is in my sop along with the website name to explain why I don’t want to study in india.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So there are only 1,00,000 job vacancies and 2,000,000 graduates...how will that help you with your SOP when you need to show career advancement in India.

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
You have added extra zero. There are 1,00,000 vacancies in spite of 2,00,000 CS graduates. This is because of lack of skills among indian students and i want to have international education so that i can get those skills that these students are lacking and have an advantage over these students.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You have added extra zero. There are 1,00,000 vacancies in spite of 2,00,000 CS graduates. This is because of lack of skills among indian students and i want to have international education so that i can get those skills that these students are lacking and have an advantage over these students.
Ok. To me it reads like the chances of you getting a job aren’t that great so why spend thousands in Canada for an education.

Reactions: wonderbly

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
Okay. So should i omit the 2,00,000 number and write that there are 1,00,000 vacancies because candidates from indian colleges are lacking the required skill set and that is why i want international education.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Your analogy doesn't make sense. How can you saying 50% of graduates from your intended program cannot find employment in your home country because there's not enough jobs, be possibly helpful for your application??? This means there is no employment prospect in your country -refusal from VO.

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
Your analogy doesn't make sense. How can you saying 50% of graduates from your intended program cannot find employment in your home country because there's not enough jobs, be possibly helpful for your application??? This means there is no employment prospect in your country -refusal from VO.
You misunderstood. Those graduates could not find jobs because they did not have the skills, not because of lack of job opportunities. There is severe shortage of data scientists in my country because candidates do not have skills. This is because skills provided by India colleges are not sufficient to get a job. I have decided to drop the 2,00,000 number cause it can be confusing. I'll just say that there were 1,00,000 vacancies because Indian graduates applying for the job lack skills and i want international education to get those skills. will it work?

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Seems like Indian colleges are crap then, maybe they should improve the quality of their education

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Seems like Indian colleges are crap then, maybe they should improve the quality of their education
It's true ,many of them are crap only few institutions are of good quality ..one can be unemployed even after completing courses such as MBA from those fu. In money centric colleges from India..

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
You misunderstood. Those graduates could not find jobs because they did not have the skills, not because of lack of job opportunities. There is severe shortage of data scientists in my country because candidates do not have skills. This is because skills provided by India colleges are not sufficient to get a job. I have decided to drop the 2,00,000 number cause it can be confusing. I'll just say that there were 1,00,000 vacancies because Indian graduates applying for the job lack skills and i want international education to get those skills. will it work?
honestly, why are you writing those numbers in the indian counting system? write it like how a canadian would write it (100,000 and 200,000)

Reactions: Yeet_sire

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
It's true ,many of them are crap only few institutions are of good quality ..one can be unemployed even after completing courses such as MBA from those fu. In money centric colleges from India..
True. It’s really difficult to find a college that actually teaches relevant skills and provides quality education.

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
So guys while mentioning this report in my sop should i cite it properly in APA format or just write the name of website?