+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOP REVIEW

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Can someone please review my sop. I'll be applying tomorrow through sds, and I wanted to know if this sop is decent or not?
To Visa Officer

Sub: Application for study visa

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Karanveer Singh, an Indian resident and a brilliant student hereby providing you with my statement of purpose which details my academic and personal background along with reasons as to why I chose Canada to study and my future goals/plans. I come from a middle class family and I’m really tight knit with all of them. My mother is teacher at one of the reputed schools present in my town. She has always been an inspiration in my life as my father abandoned our family. My grandfather was the one that supported and raised, He retired as a ground communications officer from airport authority of India.

Education: I did my schooling from xxxschool, xxx while living with my grandparents. I passed class 10th with 8.8cgpa and I chose commerce as my stream because I was fascinated about complexity of business environment and financial markets. After a few years of working hard I graduated class 12th with 93.2% and earned my name as a topper in my school for the year 2016-17. Shortly after that I was selected in one of the finest business college in my city i.e. xxx. I graduated Bachelor of commerce (honours in accounting and finance) with a cumulative percentage of 76.75. During my studies I also cleared IELTS examination with overall 7.5 bands (L: 8.5, R: 8, W: 6.5, S: 7). I am always keen to take part in extracurricular activities and learn more about other subjects. For instance, I participated in a few Olympiads at school and I also completed an industry oriented R-programming course in my college which was offered by IBM. These accomplishments motivated me further and made me want to enlighten myself with more knowledge about accountancy and technical aspects of business, hence I applied for a post baccalaureate diploma in accounting.

Why post baccalaureate diploma in accounting and why Douglas college: Along the journey I studied a lot about accounting and its sub-disciplines like managerial accounting, cost accounting, financial accounting etc. which fuelled my curiosity and made me more inquisitive about this subject. I stated to ponder and research how accounting techniques and measures differ in other country. Having done rigorous groundwork in both theoretical and practical accountancy, my passion for the subject of accounting increased by a manifold. This pushed me to my decision to study about it in more detail that could lead to a promising career and I chose Canada as my study destination for this subject due to it being a developed economy with intricate system of accounting and financial services. A post baccalaureate diploma made the most sense to me as I would be learning about some basic accounting techniques and terminology in regards to Canadian business environment, progressing all the way to advanced accounting topics along with practical knowledge about how accounting and auditing system works in a foreign country. A Post baccalaureate credential will definitely help me to achieve key technical roles and attractive pay packages.

I chose Douglas College for this course because it’s a well reputed college in British Columbia that shower students around the world with practically applied educational concepts in a cohesive small sized classroom which help students get personalized attention. The coursework offered in this college combines academic foundations of a university with practical real world skills of a college. It inculcates students with readily applied skills that develop one’s overall academic and professional skills. In this College, I can enhance my career and skills by learning in a culturally diverse environment with the help of technologically distinct teaching methods employed by their professors. The courses provided by this program in Douglas College will boost my resume by a considerable amount that will amount to countless employment opportunities back in my home country.

Why Canada: Canada is one of the greatest study destinations among all other hotspots for international students because of its cultural diversity, low crime rate, affordable and top notch quality of education. Canada provides students all around the globe with valuable practical education that helps in holistic development of a person’s character. It flaunts an educational system that is widely recognized throughout the world for its brilliant quality and research orientation providing ample opportunities in a peaceful and secure environment. This country is known for its hospitability and residents are always warm and welcoming to international students. I have done a lot of research and discussed about it with my friends and professors before taking the decision to study in Canada. I am certain that the program will prepare me for pursuing a successful career in the field of accounting and banking in India.

My family will be financing my education in Canada. I have already paid $18,000 as my first year tuition fees for my program. In addition to that, I have also purchased a GIC of $10,000 to support my living expenses for that year.

Outcome/Goals: My primary aim is to become a successful accountant in India and make my family proud. After completing this post baccalaureate diploma in accounting, I will have ample employment opportunities in India in fields related to accountancy or finance or banking as I would be equipped with practical and technical skills regarding accounting and auditing. I will possess vast vocational knowledge and communicational skills that can help me land an accounting position in some of the reputed Indian companies like TCS (Tata consultancy services) or SBI (State bank of India). I have my roots in India and I have a dream to do something remarkable and revolutionary for the land that offered me everything. Some companies and individuals still use traditional aspects of accounting methods and I want to help them automate accounts and payroll which could change the face of accounting in my province. I want to educate more people in India about the technical aspects of accounting and hone my skills so I can make jobs in accounting easier. I would consider myself lucky if I am given an opportunity to pursue my post graduate studies in a peaceful and safe country like Canada. I am confident that education from Canada will provide invaluable experiences and huge opportunities to achieve my career goals

Reactions: jagmeetsinghji1

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
first of all i wish that u get a visa with this one. its a decent sop not a bad one at all.
so let me ask u some question and hopefully u will understand what i want to say
first. why this accounting course in canada why not india ? being curious and inquisitive cant be reason
as u also highlighting the key topics you studied in india so it seems you have studied enough of accounting
second. you said accounting ways or whatever differs when we compare the two nations. so this means the way they are applied also mean to differ.
third job prospects are very general . not seems like you need this course too badly to achieve or progress ahead in UR HOME COUNTRY. it looks like you want to study accounting to be an accountant in canada and not in ur home country. again curiosity and being inquisitive cant be the reason behind paying that huge amount of money. i should have opted for MBA if i had that kind of profile.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
I am sharing my thoughts. Whether those changes will get you accepted or not depends on the VISA officer.

Can someone please review my sop. I'll be applying tomorrow through sds, and I wanted to know if this sop is decent or not?
To Visa Officer

Sub: Application for study visa

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Karanveer Singh, an Indian resident and a brilliant student (Don't asses yourself, let them asses you or let your profile speak for itself) hereby providing you with my statement of purpose which details my academic and personal background along with reasons as to why I chose Canada to study and my future goals/plans. I come from a middle class family (Why do you want to tell them that you are middle class? They want people with money, do you want to get rejected?) and I’m really tight knit with all of them. My mother is teacher at one of the reputed schools present in my town. She has always been an inspiration in my life as my father abandoned our family (so you have less family in India, which means lower chances of you coming back and higher chances of getting rejected). My grandfather was the one that supported and raised, He retired as a ground communications officer from airport authority of India. (They really don't need to know this part).

Education:
I did my schooling from xxxschool, xxx while living with my grandparents (again, why grandparents? Need to show ties to home country). I passed class 10th with 8.8cgpa and I chose commerce as my stream because I was fascinated about complexity of business environment and financial markets. After a few years of working hard I graduated class 12th with 93.2% and earned my name as a topper (I am sure you can find a better word than "topper") in my school for the year 2016-17. Shortly after that I was selected in one of the finest business college in my city i.e. xxx. I graduated Bachelor of commerce (honours in accounting and finance) with a cumulative percentage of 76.75. During my studies I also cleared IELTS examination with overall 7.5 bands (L: 8.5, R: 8, W: 6.5, S: 7). I am always keen to take part in extracurricular activities and learn more about other subjects. For instance, I participated in a few Olympiads at school and I also completed an industry oriented R-programming course in my college which was offered by IBM. These accomplishments motivated me further and made me want to enlighten myself with more knowledge about accountancy and technical aspects of business, hence I applied for a post baccalaureate diploma in accounting.

Why post baccalaureate diploma in accounting and why Douglas college: Along the journey I studied a lot about accounting and its sub-disciplines like managerial accounting, cost accounting, financial accounting etc. which fuelled my curiosity and made me more inquisitive about this subject. I stated to ponder and research how accounting techniques and measures differ in other country. Having done rigorous groundwork in both theoretical and practical accountancy, my passion for the subject of accounting increased by a manifold. This pushed me to my decision to study about it in more detail that could lead to a promising career and I chose Canada as my study destination for this subject due to it being a developed economy with intricate system of accounting and financial services. A post baccalaureate diploma made the most sense to me as I would be learning about some basic accounting techniques and terminology in regards to Canadian business environment (why do you need to learn about Canadian business environment? Are you planning on staying there?), progressing all the way to advanced accounting topics along with practical knowledge about how accounting and auditing system works in a foreign country. A Post baccalaureate credential will definitely help me to achieve key technical roles and attractive pay packages.

I chose Douglas College for this course (program) because it’s a well reputed college in British Columbia that shower students around the world with practically applied educational concepts in a cohesive small sized classroom which help students get personalized attention. The coursework offered in this college combines academic foundations of a university with practical real world skills of a college. It inculcates students with readily applied skills that develop one’s overall academic and professional skills. In this College, I can enhance my career and skills by learning in a culturally diverse environment with the help of technologically distinct teaching methods employed by their professors. The courses provided by this program in Douglas College will boost my resume by a considerable amount that will amount to countless employment opportunities back in my home country.

Why Canada: Canada is one of the greatest study destinations among all other hotspots for international students because of its cultural diversity, low crime rate (my gut tells me not to mention low crime rate for some reason), affordable and top notch quality of education. Canada provides students all around the globe with valuable practical education that helps in holistic development of a person’s character. It flaunts an educational system that is widely recognized throughout the world for its brilliant quality and research orientation providing ample opportunities in a peaceful and secure environment. This country is known for its hospitability (hospitality) and residents are always warm and welcoming to international students. I have done a lot of research and discussed about it with my friends and professors before taking the decision to study in Canada. I am certain that the program will prepare me for pursuing a successful career in the field of accounting and banking in India.

My family will be financing my education in Canada. I have already paid $18,000 as my first year tuition fees for my program. In addition to that, I have also purchased a GIC of $10,000 to support my living expenses for that year.

Outcome/Goals: My primary aim is to become a successful accountant in India and make my family proud. After completing this post baccalaureate diploma in accounting, I will have ample employment opportunities in India in fields related to accountancy or finance or banking as I would be equipped with practical and technical skills regarding accounting and auditing. I will possess vast vocational knowledge and communicational (communication) skills that can help me land an accounting position in some of the reputed Indian companies like TCS (Tata consultancy services) or SBI (State bank of India). I have my roots in India and I have a dream to do something remarkable and revolutionary for the land that offered me everything. Some companies and individuals still use traditional aspects of accounting methods and I want to help them automate accounts and payroll which could change the face of accounting in my province. I want to educate more people in India about the technical aspects of accounting and hone my skills so I can make jobs in accounting easier. I would consider myself lucky if I am given an opportunity to pursue my post graduate studies in a peaceful and safe country like Canada. I am confident that education from Canada will provide invaluable experiences and huge opportunities to achieve my career goals.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
first of all i wish that u get a visa with this one. its a decent sop not a bad one at all.
so let me ask u some question and hopefully u will understand what i want to say
first. why this accounting course in canada why not india ? being curious and inquisitive cant be reason
as u also highlighting the key topics you studied in india so it seems you have studied enough of accounting
second. you said accounting ways or whatever differs when we compare the two nations. so this means the way they are applied also mean to differ.
third job prospects are very general . not seems like you need this course too badly to achieve or progress ahead in UR HOME COUNTRY. it looks like you want to study accounting to be an accountant in canada and not in ur home country. again curiosity and being inquisitive cant be the reason behind paying that huge amount of money. i should have opted for MBA if i had that kind of profile.
Thank you for your valuable feedback! I’ll definitely make a few amendments keeping your suggestions in my mind. Also another question! Is it bad considering I won’t be showing further financial evidence in my sop?

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Thank you for your valuable feedback! I’ll definitely make a few amendments keeping your suggestions in my mind. Also another question! Is it bad considering I won’t be showing further financial evidence in my sop?
I don't think so. An SOP is just for the VISA officer to know about your background and future plans. There is a seperate section where you are supposed to upload financial documents.

Reactions: Karan64braaap

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
No need to add any mess creating documents..but yeah if ur course is of two years duration u can attach bank balance certificate or fixed deposit certificate or income certificate of ur parents who are going to support you indicating that u have enough money to pay ur second year fees..5-10 lakh bank balance certificate is enough to avoid refusal on the basis of funds..best of luck