+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sop is weak can I get visa?

Nasru

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
I didn't mention in my sop that I will leave canada after studying. Will that be a problem? My academics is good.

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
I didn't mention in my sop that I will leave canada after studying. Will that be a problem? My academics is good.
There are two things :-
1) You always get a PGWP post studies so they know that once you have Canadian education, you'd work and help their economy
2) SOP should state, the program you've chosen, the reason of choosing that program and it should match with your previous studies. How that program would help you and any discrepancies that you think is important for visa officer to know.

Not mentioning this, wouldn't affect your application by much.

Goodluck !

Nasru

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
1) You always get a PGWP post studies so they know that once you have Canadian education, you'd work and help their economy
2) SOP should state, the program you've chosen, the reason of choosing that program and it should match with your previous studies. How that program would help you and any discrepancies that you think is important for visa officer to know.

Goodluck !
Thank you very much for answering.

canedame

Nov 15, 2018
I mentioned in my SOP that I will leave after my studies but still got refused last thursday so I dont know what is the importance of writing this.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

Goodluck !
Getting PGWP depends on whether you meet the eligibility criteria or not. It is not always assured. Check here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

While most international student applicants have dual intent on staying after graduation (and IRCC is aware of this) there are already a lot of refusals, the reason being the VO is not convinced that the applicant will leave Canada after graduation.

BTW, the OP is asking about the visa for SP application. Therefore, PGWP is still out of the question ;)