Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
18 october 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
18 December 2017
I am applying for business marketing diploma in sheridan college here is my profile
10th 2012 7.4 CGPA
12th 2014 60% marks (commerce)
Ielts 6.5 overall
L 8 R 6 W 6 S 6
Does there is any need to include sop to justify gap and other things in visa application..?
After my 12th i remain free ..only thing i had done is preparation of my ielts exam.
Wht about my visa chances..??

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Navdeep Singh Ghotra said:
SOP is always recommended, Its not mandatory though.

In your case you have the chance to justify your gap via SOP itself

You can't justify anything on on piece of paper (India). Your marksheet is your best SOP.

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
if i would be on your place , for sure i will add SOP because of the GAP but just a quick advise always write your SOP by your own , dont ask your agent to write it , because most of the time, they have same template for the SOP which can screw candidate's case .
Best of luck :)

Navdeep Singh Ghotra

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

You can't justify anything on on piece of paper (India). Your marksheet is your best SOP.
I beg to disagree. We do have people who have done B. Tech in ECE in India and are studying Master in CSE in Canada.
If we can see there is a mismatch between past studies and proposed studies And for those people no SOP would have implied No Visa.
My 2 cents

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
jeet1795 said:
I am applying for business marketing diploma in sheridan college here is my profile
10th 2012 7.4 CGPA
12th 2014 60% marks (commerce)
Ielts 6.5 overall
L 8 R 6 W 6 S 6
Does there is any need to include sop to justify gap and other things in visa application..?
After my 12th i remain free ..only thing i had done is preparation of my ielts exam.
Wht about my visa chances..??
I agree with Navdeep. It is not mandatory but it is necessary if you want to explain anything to the visa officer. However it is recommended as in many case visa getting refused due to misunderstanding.

jeet1795

Sep 29, 2015
Ambala
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
18 october 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
18 December 2017
My consultant is also saying that there is no need but i think my study gap can create problem for me in getting visa so i am going to add sop in my application and i am going to lodge file tomorrow

hs.harpreet101

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
14-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Hey Jeet, SOP is necessary to add in your file, here guys are right, write your own sop and keep us posted here.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
SOPs are not mandatory, but are extremely beneficial for securing visa. You are going there as a student. So, always make sure that your whole focal point is studying and then returning back (and e.g. help with your family business, work jobs in your country, etc). Do not state that you want to stay there after studying. Don't use templates. They are not going to score your SOPs, so just write in your own words. Whatever line you are choosing for your studies, explain why you have chosen that line. Add the following points too in your SOP:

Part 1: Introduce yourself, your interests and motivations. Tell them what you’re interested in, and perhaps, what sparked your desire for graduate study. This should be short and to the point; don’t spend a great deal of time on autobiography.

Part 2: Summarize your undergraduate and previous graduate career.
a) Research you conducted. Indicate with whom, the title of the project, what your responsibilities were, and the outcome. Write technically, or in the style of your discipline. Professors are the people who read these statements.
b) Important paper or thesis project you completed, as well as anything scholarly beyond your curricular requirements.
c) Work experience, especially if you had any kind of responsibility for testing, designing, researching or interning in an area similar to what you wish to study in graduate school.

Part 3: Discuss the relevance of your recent and current activities
If you graduated and worked prior to returning to grad school, indicate what you’ve been doing: company or non-profit, your work/design team, responsibilities, what you learned. You can also indicate here how this helped you focus your graduate studies.

Part 4: Elaborate on your academic interests
Here you indicate what you would like to study in graduate school in enough detail to convince the faculty that you understand the scope of research in their discipline, and are engaged with current research themes.
a) Indicate the area of your interests. Ideally, pose a question, define a problem, or indicate a theme that you would like to address, and questions that arise from contemporary research. This should be an ample paragraph!
b) Look on the web for information about departments you’re interested in, including professors and their research. Are there professors whose research interests parallel yours? If so, indicate this. Check the specific program; many may require you to name a professor or professors with whom you might work.
c) End your statement in a positive manner, indicating your excitement and readiness for the challenges ahead of you.

Emphasize everything from a positive perspective and write in an active, not a passive voice. Demonstrate everything by example; don’t say directly that you’re a persistent person, show it. If there is something important that happened to you that affected your grades, such as poverty, illness, or excessive work, state it. Write it affirmatively, showing your perseverance despite obstacles. You can elaborate more in your personal statement. Make sure everything is linked with continuity and focus. Unless the specific program says otherwise, be concise; an ideal essay should say everything it needs to with brevity. Approximately 500 to 1000 well-selected words (1-2 single space pages in 12 point font) is better than more words with less clarity and poor organization.

Source

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
it is not mandatory but it will make your file much stronger :0 so if you think your documents that you showed to them is enough then the SOP is not that important anymore :)

jeet1795

Sep 29, 2015
Ambala
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
18 october 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
18 December 2017
Can i mention that i had cleared 1st year of bba here but i donot feel it is a better choice because i was just cramming theory that's why i want to pursue my studies in canada