+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOP guidance [URGENT]

Rishi Behl

Nov 15, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys,

My sister is going to apply for her student visa for September intake at Seneca College. All the mandatory obligations have been met such as GIC account, full fee payment, medical, etc. Now, when it's time to write an SOP, which is crucial for getting the visa, the agent isn't helping us much. They gave us a template that is all copy-pasted and isn't good at all. Also, they aren't even guiding or correcting us regarding the same.

Since my sister has a gap year after her year 12, I'm rather concerned about how I should frame her SOP and what key points I must include in it. Can you please suggest a good reputed agent (or agency) in Delhi, India, that can help me in writing it?

I'd be a great help and I'll grateful to you.

Thank you,

Rishi.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
It is always better to write the SoP on your own. You can still use the format of the template the Agent gave you and fill in personal details and explanation on our own. That is what most of us did.

Is your sister applying for a post-graduate diploma/Certificate? Or a bachelor's program?

Rishi Behl

Nov 15, 2020
Category........
FSW
It is always better to write the SoP on your own. You can still use the format of the template the Agent gave you and fill in personal details and explanations on our own. That is what most of us did.

Is your sister applying for a post-graduate diploma/Certificate? Or a bachelor's program?
Hi, thank you for your prompt reply.

Firstly, the template that I have gotten from the agent isn't of any use, i.e., just copy-pasted and the format is ridiculous still.
Secondly, I've managed to write it filling in all the relevant details. However, I believe I just need some guidance regarding the gap year that my sister had after year 12. Why this? Because I've heard from many people that study permits get rejected if the visa officer isn't satisfied with the explanation of the same.
Lastly, to answer your question, my sister is going to Canada for her diploma program - the one you do after year 12 (high school).

I need your counsel on framing the gap year part of the sop.

Thank you kindly,

Rishi.

naturlboy

Feb 28, 2022
Sorry to say but as an Immigration Consultant or a Lawyer it is not the professional's responsibility to write or guide for an SOP. If you need help you should get an SOP writer. But in that case, it questions your ability to study in Canada.

alfredbink

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Sorry to say but as an Immigration Consultant or a Lawyer it is not the professional's responsibility to write or guide for an SOP. If you need help you should get an SOP writer. But in that case, it questions your ability to study in Canada.
Yes, you guys are obsolete in this day and age, especially the consultants.

alfredbink

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hi, thank you for your prompt reply.

Firstly, the template that I have gotten from the agent isn't of any use, i.e., just copy-pasted and the format is ridiculous still.
Secondly, I've managed to write it filling in all the relevant details. However, I believe I just need some guidance regarding the gap year that my sister had after year 12. Why this? Because I've heard from many people that study permits get rejected if the visa officer isn't satisfied with the explanation of the same.
Lastly, to answer your question, my sister is going to Canada for her diploma program - the one you do after year 12 (high school).

I need your counsel on framing the gap year part of the sop.

Thank you kindly,

Rishi.
This is my recommendation. Go to sites like fiverr.com and upwork.com. Get 3-4 different people to write your immigration SOP. Take the best of those and then make an awesome one for yourself. This may cost you in total $300

Give atleast one person who is local in your country to write SOP, because they know what VOs look at locally.

Adi@911

Nov 17, 2021
Do try some professional SoP writers who specialize in SoPs for Canada. Most of them are interaction based or Question/Answer based where they note your thoughts and pen them down in a professional manner.