+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOP and profile review ?

bbb_69

Sep 13, 2018
Hello members of this forum ,

I am recently in the process of applying for a study permit. Given that I will be including a statement of purpose in my application, I would appreciate it if someone would take a look at it and see how convincing it is . I still have to add details on how I plan to fund my studies but that is to be left to the end for now. Please have a look and let me know ,all implications are welcome :) .

To Visa Officer ,
Higher commission of Canada
Subject : Letter of explanation
Dear Sir/Madame ,

Allow me first to introduce myself and provide some insight on my personal life. I was born in August of 2000 in a city called Hama, located in the middle of Syria. When I was 2 months old, my parents relocated to Saudi Arabia as my father was able to secure a better life for us there. Ever since then, I've lived in Saudi Arabia for the entirety of my life, and I consider it home. My family and I have been been and continue to be well-settled in Saudi Arabia, with many friends and relatives around and plenty of acquaintance. While I've had occasional visits to Syria in the past, the unfortunate series of events that began in 2011 prove that it could be a risk for me to visit now.

Throughout my school years, I've attended private international institutions here in Riyadh, all of which provide an American-patterned course of studies. I have graduated high school in May of this year, managing to do so with a 4.0 GPA or a 99.73 percent average on my senior year. I also have other acedemic achievements which I deem to be prideworthy, including a score of 1360 out of 1600 on the SAT offered by the Collegeboard and an overall band of 8.0 on the IELTS test. My overall academic success has allowed me to secure admission to the Memorial University of Newfoundland for the Bachelor of Engineering program and a reward of 6000 CAD as an entrance scholarship, spanning two terms of my studies, and I shall continue to work harder and smarter in the future and challenge myself to excel in every possible way.

Ever since my childhood years, I've had a passion for all sorts of technology and hardware. I liked to tinker with computers and explore the ways every part funtions. I would also pay attention to the intricate details of a device that an average individual wouldn't bother to view. I found every aspect of a technological innovation intriguing, whether be it a simple laptop or a complex racecar. This passion kept growing on me as I got older and became more capable, and so, I decided to make a career out of it. My focus became more centered towards computers ,and taking the next big step towards turning my vision into a reality meant pursuing proper education in this field ,and with that I'll be declaring my major as Computer Engineering.

I did my research, looked around the numerous educational opportunities the world had to offer, and I figured that I had to have a unique experience that is in a sense, non-typical. That's when I came across Memorial University of Newfoundland and its co-op Engineering program, which happens to be one of the oldest and most reputable co-op programs in the world. The whole phenomena of alternating between academic curricula and hands-on experience dealing with my field of interest enticed me, and I realized that this is exactly the type of experience I was looking for. The fact that I will also be spending time in a diverse community and interact with a friendly enviroment which Canada is well regarded for is definitely another advantage. I have been fortunate enough to be granted this opportunity, and for that I am grateful.

In the future, this education will surely assist me with career prospects wherever I may please, and its value is priceless and timeless to me. The field I want to pursue also proves to be one of the fastest growing ever, with the demand both for engineers and their products increasingly on the rise globally ,and a nonexistent limit to innovation due to the high level of untapped potential ready to be triggered by the most talented of engineers. I plan on nurturing my abilities back here in Saudi Arabia, where the industry is equally ambitious for innovation as I am and continues to show steady growth, not to mention that having my family and life-long friends around and readily available to morally support me is an absolute necessity in my book. The co-op experience and skillset I will have by then will definitely be an edge over other prospectives in the field when applying for job openings, and having my resume filled by the time of graduation is also gratifying.