+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sooner the better?

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
I know. My friend who works for the same company as me recently got his GC approved and the PERM had his work location in Illinois. He moved to Texas a few years ago and was able to amend his H-1B to work from home in Texas with no issues. He first was thinking that he had to move back to work in Illinois after his GC approval, but the lawyer said he doesn't have to.

I am unlucky to be dealing with corporate politics in the business unit that I belong to and they are throwing wrench at everything I suggest. He belongs to a different business unit.
Business Unit? GTFO. Immigration, GC backlog issues aside, there is no reason to be associated with that kind of culture.
Find a better culture to start with.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
For my request to work in Detroit, my company told me that as my GC's PERM is based in Texas, the H-1B amendment to work from Michigan won't be approved and hence they don't want to spend money on something that won't get approved.
Will they agree to amend if you pay?
This would be much cheaper than searching a new job in Canada and taking a large salary cut.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Business Unit? GTFO. Immigration, GC backlog issues aside, there is no reason to be associated with that kind of culture.
Find a better culture to start with.
I agree. My company got sold recently. Not that it was great before, but was better off than it is right now. On top of that, the higher ups in the side of business I am aligned to are worse. My manager also quit last month and he personally told me that he doesn't like the work culture at the company anymore. I am actively looking for ways to GTFO lol.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Will they agree to amend if you pay?
This would be much cheaper than searching a new job in Canada and taking a large salary cut.
Nope. They have very strict policy around that. They won't accept any kind of payment from employees for H-1B or GC related things. I am finding it hard to convince them to let me pay for premium processing of my H-1B extension now.

I even wanted to see if I can bear the transition costs for transferring my job to Canada. They said no to that too saying that they won't do that for the same reason as they don't accept any payment from me for H-1B/GC in the US.