+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soon to be wife in India - moving her to Canada.

foxonefoxone

Dec 21, 2019
Hi

So in a bit of a confusion on how to get my soon to be wife from India to Canada.
I am a Canadian PR and have been for about 3 years, am looking to get married and my wife lives in India. What would be the quickest way to get her with me to Canada after marriage.

Thank You for the help.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Unfortunately there is no quick way. Spousal Sponsorship is the best way forward. Visit visa is a double edged sword. With that your wife could come and stay for 4-5 months but there is a fair chance that the visit visa may be declined because she has more ties in Canada than India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately there is no quick way. Spousal Sponsorship is the best way forward. Visit visa is a double edged sword. With that your wife could come and stay for 4-5 months but there is a fair chance that the visit visa may be declined because she has more ties in Canada than India.
Actually there was a recent announcement that will make it easier for spouses to come to Canada. It’s unclear whether all spouses will be approved and how applications for TRVs will be evaluated.

Reactions: JamesRodriguez