+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Son's TRP expiring but cannot travel due to COVID 19

danishsaeed

Nov 20, 2015
Hi Guys,

So my wife and I are PR holders but our son was issued a TRP to travel with us to Canada. We were to travel in April but our flights were cancelled and now we're in Pakistan. The TRP visa on my son's passport expires on July 7, 2020 and I have no idea whether travel restrictions will be lifted by that time or not so I don't know what to do now. I want to get an extension on the TRP visa for my son but don't know how to go about it. There's nothing on the website about it. Would really appreciate if someone can help and guide me.

Just to make a few details clear:
Why wasn't our son born in Canada? I had to come back because my father was diagnosed with brain tumor and he passed away recently. The child was born while we were here in Pakistan.
Why didn't we leave for Canada as soon as we got the TRP? We applied for the TRP in September 2019 and it was issued on January 2020. Due to the nature of my job, I had to give a notice period of three months which is why we did not leave right away.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

So my wife and I are PR holders but our son was issued a TRP to travel with us to Canada. We were to travel in April but our flights were cancelled and now we're in Pakistan. The TRP visa on my son's passport expires on July 7, 2020 and I have no idea whether travel restrictions will be lifted by that time or not so I don't know what to do now. I want to get an extension on the TRP visa for my son but don't know how to go about it. There's nothing on the website about it. Would really appreciate if someone can help and guide me.

Why wasn't our son born in Canada? I had to come back because my father was diagnosed with brain tumor and he passed away recently. The child was born while we were here in Pakistan.
Why didn't we leave for Canada as soon as we got the TRP? We applied for the TRP in September 2019 and it was issued on January 2020. Due to the nature of my job, I had to give a notice period of three months which is why we did not leave right away.
There are no extensions you have to apply for a new TRP. Seems like you only did a short landing in Canada and never established yourself in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys,

If you don't travel before it expires, you have to apply for another one.