+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Someone help. Regarding NOC

Fuzzy Logic

Apr 7, 2017
I completed my B.Tech in Information Technology from a deemed university. After that, I worked for TCS for 16 months in IT domain. Then I went to do an MBA from a good college but sadly it isn't listed in WES tool. Now, I'll be joining a bank in the finance domain. So here are the questions that I wanted to ask
1. Can I list both NOC while applying as they are in different domains and also there is a break of more than 2 years in between the jobs.
2. In case I just give my work experience from TCS and not the new one, then will it create a problem because, after work-ex in IT, I did MBA.
Please suggest the best route I can follow.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Fuzzy Logic said:
I completed my B.Tech in Information Technology from a deemed university. After that, I worked for TCS for 16 months in IT domain. Then I went to do an MBA from a good college but sadly it isn't listed in WES tool. Now, I'll be joining a bank in the finance domain. So here are the questions that I wanted to ask
1. Can I list both NOC while applying as they are in different domains and also there is a break of more than 2 years in between the jobs.
You can chose only one NOC for "primary occupation," but you can use any combination of skilled NOCs in your work experience to gain points. It really does not matter which one, as long as it fulfills the requirement of at least one year of continuous full-time experience. You wil need to get letters of reference and supporting documentation for any work experience you claim, so if you have better documentation for one job, use that one for your primary NOC.

2. In case I just give my work experience from TCS and not the new one, then will it create a problem because, after work-ex in IT, I did MBA.
No, it does not matter that you did something different after, as long as it was in the past 10 years.

Note that you get more points for more years of foreign work experience (up to 3 years in CRS points), but first you have to qualify for the FSW program, which awards for up to 6 years of experience...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Note that you get more points for more years of foreign work experience (up to 3 years in CRS points), but first you have to qualify for the FSW program, which awards for up to 6 years of experience...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Hi can I follow up with a question on the last point - for FSW point calculation (min 67/100), can I use multiple NOCs, assuming the primary NOC meets the one year/continuous full time job criteria?