File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Hello all! I hope you are having a good day. I have some basic questions regarding spousal PR.

My wife has Canadian PR. She is in Canada now for her post doctoral program. She wants to be my sponsor and eagerly waiting for me to join her in Canada.

I am going to write short note about me so that you can understand my position and can help you to answer regarding my scenario.

I am age of 26, born and living in. Bangladesh. I have completed 10 years of school and 4 years of technical education program called diploma in engineering. Later I got job in a multinational company and working there as trainee engineer. Besides I am pursuing bachelor of engineering degree. I will be graduating in July of this year.

My questions are

Is IELTS mandatory for Spousal PR? I have no problem to sit for IELTS exam but with my job and bachelor study I am pretty much occupied. I am planning to sit for IELTS after July.

Is ECA also mandatory? As I haven't graduate and don't have any certificate of it. And I have learned that ECA take time, 1 to 3 months.

I want to apply for Spousal PR as soon as possible as it takes time to process.

Write me if you have any better suggestion. I will be glad. Thank you for your valuable time and support.

tdsw26

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Toronto, ON
Hello all! I hope you are having a good day. I have some basic questions regarding spousal PR.

My wife has Canadian PR. She is in Canada now for her post doctoral program. She wants to be my sponsor and eagerly waiting for me to join her in Canada.

I am going to write short note about me so that you can understand my position and can help you to answer regarding my scenario.

I am age of 26, born and living in. Bangladesh. I have completed 10 years of school and 4 years of technical education program called diploma in engineering. Later I got job in a multinational company and working there as trainee engineer. Besides I am pursuing bachelor of engineering degree. I will be graduating in July of this year.

My questions are

Is IELTS mandatory for Spousal PR? I have no problem to sit for IELTS exam but with my job and bachelor study I am pretty much occupied. I am planning to sit for IELTS after July.

Is ECA also mandatory? As I haven't graduate and don't have any certificate of it. And I have learned that ECA take time, 1 to 3 months.

I want to apply for Spousal PR as soon as possible as it takes time to process.

Write me if you have any better suggestion. I will be glad. Thank you for your valuable time and support.

IELTS and ECA is not required for a spousal sponsorship application. It's based on your relationship to your wife, not your education or qualifications.

Reactions: ottawasenators

hasanemam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Dhaka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
01-11-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
IELTS and ECA is not required for a spousal sponsorship application. It's based on your relationship to your wife, not your education or qualifications.
I want to know if higher education and IELTS is a plus point or it is treated as same?

Saima26

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Treated as same... spouse sponsorship , VO only looking u r legally married couple. U will only proved u r in true relationships. Ielts and higher education no plus point.

Reactions: tdsw26