+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some questions for those who have landed

torri

Dec 20, 2005
Ukraine
Good evening,
we are going to cross the border in Buffallo in a week or so and I am trying to figure out what to put into the list of goods we are carrying with us and the list of goods to follow. Basicly we are not carrying anything except the bank statements with our settlement funds. And later, we are going to sell what we have at home and bring more money. So here are my questions:
1. Should I put down into the list of goods we are carrying the money that is on the bank account?
2. Do we need to put down our personal things like clothing, camera, etc.?
3. Things to follow: should I declare the apartment and the car we have and which will be sold soon and the money from it will be brought to Canada?
4. What about a notebook? I will be bringing it during my next trip, but should I declare it into goods to follow? What if I do not know its serial number?
And if you can help with some usefull sites where I can search for apartments to rent in Toronto, I will be very appreciative.
Thank you very much,
Victoria

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

torri said:
Good evening,
we are going to cross the border in Buffallo in a week or so and I am trying to figure out what to put into the list of goods we are carrying with us and the list of goods to follow. Basicly we are not carrying anything except the bank statements with our settlement funds. And later, we are going to sell what we have at home and bring more money. So here are my questions:
1. Should I put down into the list of goods we are carrying the money that is on the bank account?

NO money doesn't go either list as it is not taxable or dutable, but don't forget if you are carrying 10K or more it must be reported both leaving the US and entering Canada.

2. Do we need to put down our personal things like clothing, camera, etc.?\\

Yes, camera with serial no.

3. Things to follow: should I declare the apartment and the car we have and which will be sold soon and the money from it will be brought to Canada?

No.

4. What about a notebook? I will be bringing it during my next trip, but should I declare it into goods to follow? What if I do not know its serial number?

If you own then it is pretty easy to find out the serial no. Goods to follow.

And if you can help with some usefull sites where I can search for apartments to rent in Toronto, I will be very appreciative.
Thank you very much,
Victoria
PMM

yasika

Apr 7, 2010
Re: some questions

torri said:
Good evening,
2. Do we need to put down our personal things like clothing, camera, etc.?
3. Things to follow: should I declare the apartment and the car we have and w

ashu_guy

Jul 12, 2014
HI

Just one question on same line.
In first visit, I had brought and declared 25k.. after that I am coming back to Canada after about 8 months. Can I bring additional 30 K for settlement and buying a new house. will it have any tax implications?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ashu_guy said:
HI

Just one question on same line.
In first visit, I had brought and declared 25k.. after that I am coming back to Canada after about 8 months. Can I bring additional 30 K for settlement and buying a new house. will it have any tax implications?

Thanks
You can bring as much as you can carry, as long as you declare amounts over $10K, there are no taxes/duty.