+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some Questions before completing my package

SeoulSearcher

Feb 11, 2016
Hi,

I have a few questions. I have nearly completed my application package.

1. I will be flying to Canada in March alone. I will be going to Mississauga, which just happens to be the place where we have to send our stuff first. We are doing outland application for my wife who is a Korea. Can I simply take the application with me and hand it to them there instead of mailing it from Korea? Would this make it an inland application? Can I pay the fees there when I hand it in? Or is this not at all possible.

2. I am still waiting on a confirmation of my job, but I dont want to wait forever. At this stage I do not have an official job offer, yet, but I have some other interviews which I want to go to in case this does not work out. One of the forms has a question asking me to provide proof that I intend to stay in Korea. Is it fine to simply check "other" and explain that I have the savings to last me a while while I look for work?

3. Similarly, I do not know where in Canada I will live eventually. If I choose Ontario but in a month after submitting the application I move to Alberta, will this be a problem?

4. When I go to pay fees there is an option "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" which costs $490. What is this? I should pay for Sponsorship application (me) and principal applicant (my wife).

Thank you

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
1. no i doubt they allow people to just hand deliver packages. if you do go to the building, most likely they will either tell you to mail it or stick it in a mail slot for delivery to the right building. the package doesn't need to be mailed from the country of the applicant. you can easily mail it when you are in canada.

2. i think you mean intend to move to canada, not stay in korea? if you show them proof of intentions to settle in korea, that defeats the purpose of gaining pr. i think what you mean is showing intentions to move to canada. it doesn't matter if the sponsor has a job. they want to know you have a solid plan for settling in canada. explain your plans for looking for jobs what industry you want to work in any information that shows you are thinking about it and are actually planning to settle in canada. they are not looking for specifics. they are humans and understand all things can't be set in stone until arrival. providing them with information and research and proof of your savings will show them you have a plan and will be able to support you and your wife without needing welfare.

3. as long as one of the options isn't quebec it doesn't matter if you decide to change locations after submitting an application. quebec has extra steps involved so that is why there would be an issue if you all of a sudden wanted to move there instead of ontario or alberta. otherwise, they don't care where you go. they just care that you have a solid relationship and plan for settling in canada and wont need to use welfare while doing it.

4. the RPRF is only paid for the applicant (person seeking PR status). this is the fee required in order to finalize the approval. without paying it the applicant can't be approved. this can be paid upfront or later. paying it later may or may not create a delay in approval.

SeoulSearcher

Feb 11, 2016
1. Fantastic, this will be faster then and safer than mailing it from Korea.

2. Yes, I meant to write Canada and wrote Korea.

4. I am still not sure what the fee should be for my wife. Should I pay the fee for Principal Applicant or RPRF? Or both?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
SeoulSearcher said:
1. Fantastic, this will be faster then and safer than mailing it from Korea.

2. Yes, I meant to write Canada and wrote Korea.

4. I am still not sure what the fee should be for my wife. Should I pay the fee for Principal Applicant or RPRF? Or both?
You pay both. 75 + 475 + 490 = $1040 total, for both your applications (it's technically just one application however). I am pretty sure you can drop it off in person at the courier address.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You cannot drop it off yourself.

Courier address (no public drop-offs)

Several people attempted that for the PGP program and were turned away.

SeoulSearcher

Feb 11, 2016
Aquakitty said:
You pay both. 75 + 475 + 490 = $1040 total, for both your applications (it's technically just one application however). I am pretty sure you can drop it off in person at the courier address.
Geez. PR in Korea cost me 30 bucks and a week.

SeoulSearcher

Feb 11, 2016
One more question.

I have not lived in Canada for 15 years. Obviously the option-c is a no-go. Do I just explain that in a letter? Do I need to provide anything else?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
If you can't provide Option C, then include a letter explaining why. I also included a letter from work showing how much I had made in the past 12 months since I was working abroad.