+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some questions after getting ITA - Experts please help!

alfredo_245

Feb 8, 2015
Hi Experts,

I have some questions that I would really appreciate you can help me with. Please see below:

1) Statutory question:
Have you ever been detained, incarcerated, or put in jail?

No I have not been incarcerated or put in jail. The key word here is "detained". What is the definition of being detained?

I have no criminal records, but I was once taken to the cop's station to do a breathalyzer test. I actually had my rights read and then the cop put me on his car and took me to the police station where I had to wait for about 3 hours. As I said, the results were that I did not get any criminal records and I was not put in jail. I was simply asked to sit in a chair and the cop sat in front of me and asked me some questions. I waited there until I did the test, then waited for the results and then the cop gave me a ride home. However, I think this is probably considered to be detained.. so I guess I should put "yes". Someone please advice.

2) I did not include my current job under the Work History questionnaire. The reason is that I do not want to apply with my current job because I only have 6 months of experience. I had over 2 years of experience with my old job, which is more than enough to qualify under CEC. I recently got an ITA and have been debating whether or not I should add this. The problem is that if I add my current job under this section, the system automatically asks me for proof of employment. As I said before, I do not want to apply using my current job, but my old work experience. Can someone just confirm if this would create a problem?

3) I have included my current job under "Personal Activities". By doing this, they system does not require me to attach any proof of employment for my current job. My doubt under this section is if I have to add ALL activities. For example, when I was going to school (here in Canada) I was working part-time as a dishwasher, Mac Donald, and other related jobs (just to pay for my living expenses). I honestly don't remember the dates of employment and so far I have only entered "student" as an activity during the time I was going to school. For my time after graduation, I have entered all of the jobs that I had. Again, can someone confirm if this is fine?

Thank you experts. Really appreciate the help.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Alfredo,

in all honesty, your questions are very specific to your case. Doesn't matter what anybody says on this forum, you should consult CIC or a lawyer for these questions.