+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some of the writing on the stamps wasn't clear/illegible

agmaa

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Hello all,

I have some shady\unclear stamps in my passport, when I checked with the translation office (and although I provided a list of all my trips dates), the office mentioned that "some of the writing on the stamps wasn't clear/illegible".

So you think this is going to be an issue during the test interview? if yes, is there anything that can be done?

Thanks,

AgMaA

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hello all,

I have some shady\unclear stamps in my passport, when I checked with the translation office (and although I provided a list of all my trips dates), the office mentioned that "some of the writing on the stamps wasn't clear/illegible".

So you think this is going to be an issue during the test interview? if yes, is there anything that can be done?

Thanks,

AgMaA
It might help if you can still get copy of the boarding pass, flight tickets and other documents that can substantiate your entry and exit from those countries/trips. The list you provided may need to be backed with verifiable documents.

denrus89

Mar 3, 2016
I had the same issue! Plus some of my stamps were non-English/French, but what I did is I printed every single itinerary (tickets, boarding passes + hotel confirmation, whatever it is in your case) for those stamps that I found in my passport and brought a little folder with me just in case.
I wrote the test and had an interview with the officer, but she never asked me about those trips and said everything looks good even though some of them were blurry.
I would recommend you to do the same just in case! Having them translated is an extra mile which would definitely help and expedite it as well if you have the resources to obtain it.

Reactions: AbdelAllah