+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some help please...

dark_knight

Jan 3, 2013
Good evening all!

Did my registration just a couple of mints ago. First time writing here. SO ... my sincere greetings to all of u.
Im a Portuguese Nurse, working abroad already for 5 years.
I have been thinking about starting my Canadian Application, however... it has been taking me a while to get stared as I did find everything quite confused.
Im scheduled to do my IELTS next March.
Its been a little bit difficult to me to find answers for my queries because, first, I definitely dont wanna do my Process through Agency as they charge nearly 5000 USD and also because my previous experience with them tells me not do it, and also because I do know some few people who did it by themselves. Its definitely a much harder work, but for sure much more rewarding.
Ok. I did call already CRNBC? I have been at the CIC website, download the Forms and stuff!!
My query is... what are we suppose to do first?? Deal with the immigration process or instead focus first on the CRNBC registration process?
One thing I could definitely understand... either way, U definitely need your IELTS to go through and to get you started.
Please... can u please help me and give me some helpful info to get me started?
I did call today CRNBC. I do have already the CIC Form - Federal Skilled worker.

Thank you very much to all of you.

regards

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
Greetings!

I am a nurse myself. What you have here is quite a conundrum. Here are your choices to make...

1. Are you 100% sure in moving to Canada? What are your objectives in relocating? I mean, if you already have a good life in your country, and the pros outweigh the cons of moving to Canada, why make the move to do so?

2. Granting you got yourself assessed FIRST, how can you now perform the required instructions by CRNBC knowing that you can't enter Canada because you don't have any means to do so. Take note, the requirements of CRNBC has a timeframe and must be done within that required period.

I think it would be wise to do your immigration process first, so that whatever CRNBC wants you to do, you can definitely perform because you can come to Canada immediately. But you have to deal with question number 1, are you sure in moving to Canada?

I am already a PR in Canada. But ai went hope last month because there are no jobs for foreign nurses. Unless you want to dishwash, cabdrive, and be a maid.

Goodluck!

bree

Oct 18, 2011
Hi dark_knight,

I am a nurse myself and currently practicing as an RN in one of the hospitals here in Canada. Let me just give you an insight and hopefully it would assist you.

I had my papers processed through the assistance of a lawyer from Canada. I would suggest that you process first your papers
from Canada and make sure that you received PER first, in that way you know you're on the right track. Halfway through it when you receive your medical request you can start processing your CRNBC, since application form can be downloaded from the CRNBC site.
since you're an IEN you will go through some process sometimes they may require SEC assessment from you depending on how they assess your education and documents.Deal with the immigration first since it's a waste of a time and money if you get assess by the CRNBC and requires you to do SEC or take the CRNE but then you don't have papers to come ere to Canada. Just a reminded IELTS requirements for immigration application and filing for CRNBC are both different, for immigration you need to do the General while for the CRNBC they require you to do the Academic. It's a long process but if you're determined you can do it. If you come here prepared and has done your research then you will be able to overcome the hurdles. Don't expect to come here and expect them to recognize you as a nurse right away, there is a process and somehow you have to start from there...so you won't get depressed and disappointed. :)

dark_knight

Jan 3, 2013
thank you very much guys for ur answers.

"pickednotes" I do truly appreciate ur help and concern, but in fairness I did not really understand why u raised the question about, whether I would be sure or not about moving to Canada when I have a good life in my country??!! I did leave my country nearly 6 years ago. Worked nearly 4 in dublin-Ireland and im close to be complete 2 years working in Saudi Arabia. Im a critical nurse for 12 years and all im looking for right now is just a good place where i could settle down for a very good while. SO being abroad for a good couple of years more or less makes us be sure about these kind of choices. However... as I said before, thank you. what did you mean about, "get assessed first"? When I did call yesterday CRNBC, they told me, all I had to do was my IELTS and then once I get it done, I would only have to go to the CRNBC website, download the FORM and send the IELTS all together with some paperwork requirements like, nursing certificate, nursing transcript and some stuff like that. I got all my education in my country, european country, however my valid nursing license is from Ireland. She told me, due this fact, she meant, being from an European country process would be very straightforward. I dont intend to be cocky at all.. im just stating what she said. so...again, what did you mean with, being assessed first?? thanks a lot

"Bree" so you suggest me to get my Immigration process done first right?? I had a look at the Forms and paperwork required and I could say I would easily get everything as Im alone which means I do not have any dependents, however, its doubtless that without IELTS done, you can not proceed. I mean... what I can do right now is collect all the docs required, like work experience docs and stuff but only when i get my IELTS done I can send everything. Am I thinking right??????
What is PER?? im really sorry. I did also know that we have to do the academic and general IELTS. thanks by the way.

Is there any place where we can get useful information by phone?? We can not call CIC as they do not have any available phone number or if they do i think when I did try to contact them was totally useless. I did contact a while ago Portuguese Embassy in Canada... OMG, they were so useless. SO... is there any place, any useful number that we can use in case we have some important doubts??

Thank you very much guys. I do truly appreciate your help. Id be deeply grateful if you could continue to help me all the way of this long and very hard process.

thank you

sincere greetings

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
dark_knight said:

"pickednotes" I do truly appreciate ur help and concern, but in fairness I did not really understand why u raised the question about, whether I would be sure or not about moving to Canada when I have a good life in my country??!! I did leave my country nearly 6 years ago. Worked nearly 4 in dublin-Ireland and im close to be complete 2 years working in Saudi Arabia. Im a critical nurse for 12 years and all im looking for right now is just a good place where i could settle down for a very good while. SO being abroad for a good couple of years more or less makes us be sure about these kind of choices. However... as I said before, thank you. what did you mean about, "get assessed first"? .......

Thank you very much guys. I do truly appreciate your help. Id be deeply grateful if you could continue to help me all the way of this long and very hard process.

thank you

sincere greetings
Hi,

I would like to share a few links which might be useful for you. May be you have gone through some or all of them, but still worth taking a look:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

http://newroots.ca/new_independent.htm

http://www.credentials.gc.ca/

http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces

http://www.cno.org/en/what-is-cno/regulation-and-legislation/legislation-governing-nursing/

http://niche.workopolis.com/canadian-nurse-careers/index.html

http://www.canadian-nurse.com/

http://www.payscale.com/research/CA/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Hourly_Rate

http://www.nurses4canada.com/livingcost.html

http://www.livingin-canada.com/salaries-for-registered-nurses.html

Hope it helps.

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
dark_knight said:

"pickednotes" I do truly appreciate ur help and concern, but in fairness I did not really understand why u raised the question about, whether I would be sure or not about moving to Canada when I have a good life in my country??!! I did leave my country nearly 6 years ago. Worked nearly 4 in dublin-Ireland and im close to be complete 2 years working in Saudi Arabia. Im a critical nurse for 12 years and all im looking for right now is just a good place where i could settle down for a very good while. SO being abroad for a good couple of years more or less makes us be sure about these kind of choices. However... as I said before, thank you. what did you mean about, "get assessed first"? When I did call yesterday CRNBC, they told me, all I had to do was my IELTS and then once I get it done, I would only have to go to the CRNBC website, download the FORM and send the IELTS all together with some paperwork requirements like, nursing certificate, nursing transcript and some stuff like that. I got all my education in my country, european country, however my valid nursing license is from Ireland. She told me, due this fact, she meant, being from an European country process would be very straightforward. I dont intend to be cocky at all.. im just stating what she said. so...again, what did you mean with, being assessed first?? thanks a lot

"Bree" so you suggest me to get my Immigration process done first right?? I had a look at the Forms and paperwork required and I could say I would easily get everything as Im alone which means I do not have any dependents, however, its doubtless that without IELTS done, you can not proceed. I mean... what I can do right now is collect all the docs required, like work experience docs and stuff but only when i get my IELTS done I can send everything. Am I thinking right??????
What is PER?? im really sorry. I did also know that we have to do the academic and general IELTS. thanks by the way.

Is there any place where we can get useful information by phone?? We can not call CIC as they do not have any available phone number or if they do i think when I did try to contact them was totally useless. I did contact a while ago Portuguese Embassy in Canada... OMG, they were so useless. SO... is there any place, any useful number that we can use in case we have some important doubts??

thank you

sincere greetings
i salute your courage in getting it done..mind you david cohen law firm is a reputable firm in immigration process.if you are in doubts you can call him for any assistance.Goodluck....

dark_knight

Jan 3, 2013
thank you very much guys for ur help.

I will for sure have a look on those links. One seems to be new! thank u.

best regards

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
dark_knight said:

thank you

sincere greetings
Being assessed is just forwarding all your requirements to the college of nursing in the province where you want to practice. For example in BC, you then give all the necessary documents needed (ielts, fees, forms). After a certain period of time, you will receive a reply/instructions from them on what to do. Each applicant has his/her own individualized assessment (based on what you offer the table). But sadly, most of these assessments are directed to a bridging course.

I have a true story for you, two friends of mine, both are nurses. Person 1 is from the Philippines, graduated with a BSN degree with good grades but NEVER had a hospital experience whatsoever. After being assessed in BC, he was "just" instructed to take the SEC (oral & written) exams and if successful, he may proceed to the state boards. Person 2 on the other hand, has a 5 year hospital experience at one of the top medical facilities in the country. Plus another 5 year top-of-the line hospital experience in the UAE, with a years preceptorship program as an E.R. nurse in the U.S. Recently, person 1 is now an RN in BC having passed the requirements and person 2 was told to study for another 2 years and then take the state boards. The latter person was so angry and frustrated, having known person 1's "fortunes". Person 2 now filed an appeal for reassessment, because the decision was nothing more than a farce judgement. If the results stand, he will go back to UAE and just continue where he left off.

Now tell me, where is the intelligence in making this assessment? It is ridiculous. I have also heard the CRNBC's board members are not related to any heathcare practice. They are city workers, business people, etc. and like I said, where do they base their decisions? Random mood swings perhaps?

Clearly, you have an outstanding portfolio dark_knight. And it looks to me that you are decided to move to Canada. I wish you nothing but the best. I just want to help and provide you with information to be prepared, and if possible, allow you to create some contingencies and precautions.

Goodluck!

dark_knight

Jan 3, 2013
Pickednotes

Thank you very much for sharing ur story.

I do have a very busy January month. Just back today to Saudi from holidays from Portugal. Last December did my ACLS instructor course. So, over the next few days ill have to prepare whats gonna be my 1st official ACLS course as an instructor. SO.. Id say, ill be more or less busy this month. Im planning to start everything by the beginning of February. I will definitely "bother" you then with some questions.

Thank you very much guys.

allisback

Sep 2, 2012
dark_knight said:
Good evening all!

Did my registration just a couple of mints ago. First time writing here. SO ... my sincere greetings to all of u.
Im a Portuguese Nurse, working abroad already for 5 years.
I have been thinking about starting my Canadian Application, however... it has been taking me a while to get stared as I did find everything quite confused.
Im scheduled to do my IELTS next March.
Its been a little bit difficult to me to find answers for my queries because, first, I definitely dont wanna do my Process through Agency as they charge nearly 5000 USD and also because my previous experience with them tells me not do it, and also because I do know some few people who did it by themselves. Its definitely a much harder work, but for sure much more rewarding.
Ok. I did call already CRNBC? I have been at the CIC website, download the Forms and stuff!!
My query is... what are we suppose to do first?? Deal with the immigration process or instead focus first on the CRNBC registration process?
One thing I could definitely understand... either way, U definitely need your IELTS to go through and to get you started.
Please... can u please help me and give me some helpful info to get me started?
I did call today CRNBC. I do have already the CIC Form - Federal Skilled worker.

Thank you very much to all of you.

regards
Dear ,I got my case through some one who did charge but very less as compared to what you stated and that too in installments as I don't believe in making payment blind foldedly. I you may be interested do let me know.