+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOME GOOD NEWS FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - LATEST UPDATE FROM IRCC

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
These lines However, if there is evidence indicating that the entire program of study has been shifted to distance learning and in-person attendance is not essential to complete the program, then the prospective student will not be eligible to apply for a study permit, since physical presence in Canada is not required. Officers cannot issue a study permit if the applicant intends to complete the entire program via distance learning.

Do we have to submit another letter from the University saying in person is necessary? Officers cannot issue permit unless we give this information? What evidence are they talking about? Are they working on our application or waiting for this evidence?
Can anyone shed light on this?

Last edited:

Aric127

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Can anyone share light on this?
"However, if there is evidence indicating that the entire program of study has been shifted to distance learning and in-person attendance is not essential to complete the program"
As a student, we don't have any such evidence and our DLI institute not said anything like this so I guess it's not our part it's their duty to find out with the concerned universities/colleges if any program been completely shifted to online. (My assumption)

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Can anyone share light on this?
That would be a waste doing it online. Mind you only 50% online is allowed for PGWP... universities will email us in the next one month or so n give us details about the jan semester.. So this would clarify alot of things and if the entire sept intake turns out to be online then it would be useless to study n it would be better to defer it to January.

Now coming to your qn.. I have sensed one thing that IRCC is actually not issuing any study permits until they get approval n clearance from the Canadian govt n the govt is currently assessing the pandemic situation and if things improve they would issue permits so that students could come to canada in January n study in campus but if the situation remains the same then they might shift the entire course online and that's where IRCC won't issue any study permit

Reactions: Bond 007

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
i think the good news today can only be 'someone has got the study permit'. we have seen too many policies in this year.

proceso

May 1, 2020
Guys any thoughts on the Time Zone differences. I have 12 hours time zone difference. Imagine if I have classes to attend from 1 am to 3 am and 3 am to 5 am, and the attendance is compulsory :oops:

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Guys any thoughts on the Time Zone differences. I have 12 hours time zone difference. Imagine if I have classes to attend from 1 am to 3 am and 3 am to 5 am, and the attendance is compulsory :oops:
You will get used to time zone difference in a matter of days. Many workers like security guards work day shift and night shift every alternate weeks. Imagine they have to be attentive too.

Reactions: marmik1617

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Given the circumstances its a small inconvenience to deal with in my opinion.

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Can somebody explain how can this be a good news... if the course becomes online then no study permit will be issued n if no study permit then no coming to Canada..... it will just be like we finished our course online n then we got a certificate from our college

Reactions: proceso

proceso

May 1, 2020
Given the circumstances its a small inconvenience to deal with in my opinion.
Can somebody explain how can this be a good news... if the course becomes online then no study permit will be issued n if no study permit then no coming to Canada..... it will just be like we finished our course online n then we got a certificate from our college
I have the same thoughts. why would i do an expensive online course with 12 hours of time difference just to get a certificate.

Whatever the people says, it's not convenient for me to do 2 semesters online with that time difference (12 Hours). I'd rather withdraw myself than committing too much effort for nothing. I'll wait till 20th August to see if anything will change, that's the deadline for withdrawals in my college

Reactions: Yangz

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
I have the same thoughts. why would i do an expensive online course with 12 hours of time difference just to get a certificate.

Whatever the people says, it's not convenient for me to do 2 semesters online with that time difference (12 Hours). I'd rather withdraw myself than committing too much effort for nothing. I'll wait till 20th August to see if anything will change, that's the deadline for withdrawals in my college
And the worst thing is that if we begin our sept intake online n we come to know January semester 2021 becomes online then we wont be able to backoff from the course . We have to get assurance that atleast jan semester is in campus

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
And the worst thing is that if we begin our sept intake online n we come to know January semester 2021 becomes online then we wont be able to backoff from the course . We have to get assurance that atleast jan semester is in campus
no one can make that promise at this moment. if anyone does, he is bluffing.

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Also, 2019 intake students are now completing the last 2 terms of their courses online. If 2020 students complete their first 2 terms online then they can easily convert the whole program online.

But considering the uncertainty, we cannot overthink the current state and not even attempt from our part. This may be a blessing in disguise, we will be able to complete a term or two without incurring Canada living expenses and maybe they will change 50% criteria for PGWP.

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Also, 2019 intake students are now completing the last 2 terms of their courses online. If 2020 students complete their first 2 terms online then they can easily convert the whole program online.

But considering the uncertainty, we cannot overthink the current state and not even attempt from our part. This may be a blessing in disguise, we will be able to complete a term or two without incurring Canada living expenses and maybe they will change 50% criteria for PGWP.
But the issue is a 1 year course study permit is just 8 to 10 months n if we by pass that duration then it would be difficult to go to Canada for PGWP n as per our SOPs we have clearly stated that our intention is to study n return back to our home country