+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some clarifications on sequence of steps

vis1

Jul 29, 2012
Is the following a complete list of steps in the right order. Starting with "in process".

ECAS update to "in process"
RPRF payment request
Additional Documents (if needed - not for everyone).
Request to submit passport (is it for everyone, or only those who require a visa?)

How long, approximately, does it take between each step for inland applicants to CPP Ottawa? The current threads are just too messy to make any sense of it all.

Thanks.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
Your application will go "In Process" once you have additional documents submitted, which may be in the form of a PCC or your Background Information form. You might be asked for additional documents after "In Process" only if they think your marriage is not genuine or if you have served the military or have been affiliated to any political party, have a criminal record, are on the list of people from the intelligence, lived in a country which is has a history of violence and other activities and so on, if you have no red flags then you will not be asked for any additional papers (This rarely happens).

Now I will tell you exactly how they process your application.

Once they have all your papers, then your file will go into "In Process"

You will be asked to submit your RPRF fee after a week

Give it another 3 months, you will get a Passport Request

In another week your ECAS tracker will show Decision Made on your application.

You send your passport to the concerned office, which would be CPP-Ottawa for Inland applicants, and will receive your COPR in about a week or two.

GO out of the country anywhere and then land again or you can call your local immigration office and set an appointment with them.

AINP2014

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
Nomination.....
16-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-9-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23-9-2013
Med's Done....
30-9-2013
Interview........
Ecase Status is now"Decision made" .. YAHOOOO
Passport Req..
20-6-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-6-2014
LANDED..........
11-7-2014
immigrationaspirant said:
Your application will go "In Process" once you have additional documents submitted, which may be in the form of a PCC or your Background Information form. You might be asked for additional documents after "In Process" only if they think your marriage is not genuine or if you have served the military or have been affiliated to any political party, have a criminal record, are on the list of people from the intelligence, lived in a country which is has a history of violence and other activities and so on, if you have no red flags then you will not be asked for any additional papers (This rarely happens).

You send your passport to the concerned office, which would be CPP-Ottawa for Inland applicants, and will receive your COPR in about a week or two.

GO out of the country anywhere and then land again or you can call your local immigration office and set an appointment with them.
Hi immigrationaspirant

one question, who checked that all paper is complete in order to turn into "in Process", CIO-NS or CPP-Ottawa?

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
NS-CIO checks if you have all the required papers. Once they are satisfied then they will transfer your file over to Ottawa and then you will see "In Process" and then a week after you will get an RPRF request, if you haven't already paid it.

AINP2014

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
Nomination.....
16-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-9-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23-9-2013
Med's Done....
30-9-2013
Interview........
Ecase Status is now"Decision made" .. YAHOOOO
Passport Req..
20-6-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-6-2014
LANDED..........
11-7-2014
NS-CIO checks if you have all the required papers. Once they are satisfied then they will transfer your file over to Ottawa and then you will see "In Process" and then a week after you will get an RPRF request, if you haven't already paid it.
Thanks for your reply immigrationaspirant ..

I have the same undestanding but in my case .. it did not turn into "In process" yet meanwhile when i sent email to CIC on Jan 27, i have got a reply on Jan 28 that " my file is in Ottawa for processing and waiting to be reviewed by an officer" ..

Apple2014

Mar 4, 2014

Hello

Hi immigrationaspirant, see above I change the color for concerning. I am waiting more than 3 and half months, still nothing...