+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solved: Passport returned from CPC-Ottawa w/o COPR or PR with no reasons

aman22

Apr 8, 2020
Now back to waiting game.
I live in Ottawa, most probably I will be contacted by Ottawa visa office.
Where do you live? Does anyone have input on virtual landing timelines by visa office?

Etobicoke office is in charge of GTA, it’s usually taking 2-3 weeks for virtual landing after passport return
Montreal office between 2 and 4 weeks after passport return
Vancouver office: in coma :))))))
Ottawa office: I have no idea (if anyone with previous experience can help)
I live in Ottawa as and it has been 3 weeks since passport was returned and there has not been any communication

lovely89

Star Member
May 8, 2020
After how long did you get your COPR? Which was your visa office?
My passport and pictures were returned to my address without anything on march 19 (9 days after they had it in their hands) and I received the COPR on march 24. Vancouver office

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Did you get any email confirming your address?
Yes. I got an email regarding address confirmation on Jan 26th, a couple of days after this email return tracker activated. No communication after that.

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020

aman22

Apr 8, 2020
Yes. I got an email regarding address confirmation on Jan 26th, a couple of days after this email return tracker activated. No communication after that.
Same story here. Still waiting. It has been a month and there has not been any communication. So frustrating.

Reactions: bpcsekhar

nrsaro

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Hi All, Went going through the updates in this thread. Looks to be related to the same issue i have, But was not sure. Hence asking.

Me and family are already PR, but for my 2nd child ( born in India) I had initially brought her in Canada as Visitor Visa and then applied for PR ( family sponsorship). The Application was transferred to NDVO. March 19 i got the Passport Request Letter to be sent to VFS Delhi. the letter also mentioned that i can send the passport, Photos along with the copy of the letter to CPC Ottawa, if we were already in-Canada. I had sent the forms to CPC Ottawa, But on Friday April 09 i got them returned along with the Standard letter that said

"a visa office will be contact with information on confirming your status as a PR".

Please can you advise? Do i need to inform VFS Delhi that my baby is already in-Canada ? since the original passport letter said that the passport should be sent with in 30 days.

Also, baby's visitor Visa is expired. But since the passport request came, i have not extended it. Now do u I need apply for the visitor visa extension?

Thanks in advance,

aman22

Apr 8, 2020
Hi All, Went going through the updates in this thread. Looks to be related to the same issue i have, But was not sure. Hence asking.

Me and family are already PR, but for my 2nd child ( born in India) I had initially brought her in Canada as Visitor Visa and then applied for PR ( family sponsorship). The Application was transferred to NDVO. March 19 i got the Passport Request Letter to be sent to VFS Delhi. the letter also mentioned that i can send the passport, Photos along with the copy of the letter to CPC Ottawa, if we were already in-Canada. I had sent the forms to CPC Ottawa, But on Friday April 09 i got them returned along with the Standard letter that said

"a visa office will be contact with information on confirming your status as a PR".

Please can you advise? Do i need to inform VFS Delhi that my baby is already in-Canada ? since the original passport letter said that the passport should be sent with in 30 days.

Also, baby's visitor Visa is expired. But since the passport request came, i have not extended it. Now do u I need apply for the visitor visa extension?

Thanks in advance,
I would recommend extending the tourist visa. Although it will not matter in the end but it does at this point of time. I was in the same boat and my wife's passport was returned without issuing COPR. Her tourist visa was also expiring. She got her COPR exactly after 30 days since her passport was returned. She got a call from IRCC first and then got the COPR.

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
I would recommend extending the tourist visa. Although it will not matter in the end but it does at this point of time. I was in the same boat and my wife's passport was returned without issuing COPR. Her tourist visa was also expiring. She got her COPR exactly after 30 days since her passport was returned. She got a call from IRCC first and then got the COPR.
Can you please let me know from which visa office did you get COPR. We are waiting from almost 2 months from Etobicoke visa office but yet to get any response.

madho

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
We just received an email from: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you.

Through the PR Confirmation Portal:

· You will confirm you currently live in Canada

· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)

· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card

· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mailWhat you need to do next:

Reply to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address and email addresses for every dependant included in your application. Please use this format, one client per line: Names, UCI, email, date of last time entered in Canada and the location(Port of Entry) - verify your passport for the date and location.

If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.c

If you currently live outside Canada, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Etobicoke

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hey congrats.

What was the subject line of your email ?