+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Solved] Has anyone recently called the IRCC number 1-888-242-2100 and been able to reach an agent? Please help!

jn1234

Nov 14, 2018
Hello all,

Has anyone recently called the IRCC number 1-888-242-2100 and been able to reach an agent? I called between 8am-4pm local time and not on a public holiday (today).

I looked at this forum and a lot of people mentioned about calling IRCC to get a temporary file number (for sponsor application with no AOR), to at least know they are processing and application is safe. There is mention of using options 2 1 0 but it looks like options have changed and I was not able to get to any option which allows speaking with agent.

Please help, I might be not able to understand the options or missing some information. The only option I could speak with an agent was the "report abuse" option who transfer me back immediately and then I'm stuck again. Has anyone recently called and been able to through. These are the options I could see.

Press 1 for french, dont press anything to continue English
Press 1 for UCI, 2 for no UCI
Press 1 for "existing application"

After this it will get stuck as its asking for application number and I do not have one! And there is no option of speaking with agent!

I would really appreciate your help with this, especially if you have recently called and been able to get through to an agent. Thank you very much, thanks for your help and time.
Just an update since I was finally able to speak with an agent.

1. Press 1 for french, nothing to continue in english
2. Press 1 for UCI, 2 if you dont have it (does not matter, choose either, I chose 2 the last time I got through)
3. Dont remember exact options but If you do NOT have a file number (waiting for long for AOR, like me) just choose "more information about PR process option, frequently asked questions etc." (press 3) here they will many options the last one is "press 0 for agent"
4. They will give you a wait time and also give a call back option (which is pretty cool, since you dont have to wait and they will call when it is your turn in queue). I used call back and was able to reach them very easily with no hold time etc.

Last edited:

tipisqueen

Apr 29, 2010
Just an update since I was finally able to speak with an agent.

1. Press 1 for french, nothing to continue in english
2. Press 1 for UCI, 2 if you dont have it (does not matter, choose either, I chose 2 the last time I got through)
3. Dont remember exact options but If you do NOT have a file number (waiting for long for AOR, like me) just choose "more information about PR process option, frequently asked questions etc." (press 3) here they will many options the last one is "press 0 for agent"
4. They will give you a wait time and also give a call back option (which is pretty cool, since you dont have to wait and they will call when it is your turn in queue). I used call back and was able to reach them very easily with no hold time etc.
I tried this but in the English setting because I don't speak french and it does not have the press 0 option for an agent. Is this only for the french option then?