+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

soliciting opinions

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
Dear fellow forum members
Hi
At this point we are looking at reapplying for spouse sponsorship to Canada and I'm hoping to get opinions and advice from members here before we so do. The details of our case is

We met online a dating site on the 28th October 2016.... We got married two months after talking on the phone on our first in person meet up on the 23rd December 2016 ..... my Canadian wife applied to sponsor me to Canada in April 2017.... 11 months down the sponsorship process we had withdraw our application and my Canadian wife moved to live with me in my country.... However due to high crimes murders etc she moved back to Canada and now travels back and forth but staying the most time with me here in my country now we are planning on reapplying for spouse sponsorship..... my Canadian wife plans on applying as my sponsor living in Canada as a resident of Canada but will continue to travel back and forth but staying the most time with me in my country until my paper work is processed

any advice and opinion will be highly appreciated

regards

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
no we withdrew our prior application and wrote cic a letter explaining the Canadian citizen wife wanted to experience life in the foreign husband home country

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
no we withdrew our prior application and wrote cic a letter explaining the Canadian citizen wife wanted to experience life in the foreign husband home country
You mentioned in earlier posts that your app was returned due to your immigration consultant being suspended and subsequently having her license revoked...

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
That doesn't make sense. She could have lived with you while your application was being processed.

Your relationship will be questioned to make sure you are in a genuine marriage. The circumstances are somewhat unusual so you should be prepared to gather a lot of proof.

For example, you say she "travels back and forth". After you got married in 2016, how many days have you lived together? If you have only lived together for 2-3 months out of the past ~3 years, that's a red flag. If you have lived together for 30 months, that's much better.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Sounds like you aren't telling us the whole story. Expect IRCC to be even more suspicious.

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
You mentioned in earlier posts that your app was returned due to your immigration consultant being suspended and subsequently having her license revoked...
yes thats correct
after that happened we left it all alone but now my wife is planning to visit Canada maybe in a month or so and file up our applications

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
yes thats correct
after that happened we left it all alone but now my wife is planning to visit Canada maybe in a month or so and file up our applications
You mentioned that you were 11 months into the sponsorship app previously - were there any issues that IRCC was seeing? Any interview requests? I can't imagine an app that was 11 months into the process without any indication of where it was going. There are a lot of red flags for marriage for immigration purposes, but it sounds like your wife has been living with you for most of her time away from Canada - is this correct? Can you prove cohabitation for long periods of time? Financial transactions? Shared expenses and ownership?

Reactions: k.h.p.

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
You mentioned that you were 11 months into the sponsorship app previously - were there any issues that IRCC was seeing? Any interview requests? I can't imagine an app that was 11 months into the process without any indication of where it was going. There are a lot of red flags for marriage for immigration purposes, but it sounds like your wife has been living with you for most of her time away from Canada - is this correct? Can you prove cohabitation for long periods of time? Financial transactions? Shared expenses and ownership?
in that app we had reach the stage of doing medical after that I demanded that she withdrew the app and moved to my country to live permanently because at that time I told my wife that in this entire world I only have to sweethearts one is my wife and the other is my birth place my Trinidad and tobago...... However due to high crimes murders etc I whom is still a tru tru Trini as we call ourselves is now ready to forsake the country of my birth and move to Canada with her
yes she has been living with me here and also her two small kid's who are also my step kid's has been living with us here also.....
and no we don't have joint accounts or purchases but the kid's attend private school we can get notarized letter from the principal as well as notarized letters from friends and family
also we have phone communication... pics. ... that sort of thing.... also we have a travel consent letter from the other biological parent of the kid's giving the mother permission to be here with them.... also the mother is also a citizen of my country by birth and a citizen of Canada by naturalization so she confered citizenship by decent to the kid's so every one has dual citizenship except me ofcouse
also we were victims of criminal acts thats why I'm now wanting to migrate with them we have receipts from our police report.
And to be completely honest
I was missing my wife so much back then I just wanted her here with me ...
Thats the truth

Last edited:

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
in that app we had reach the stage of doing medical after that I demanded that she withdrew the app and moved to my country to live permanently because at that time I told my wife that in this entire world I only have to sweethearts one is my wife and the other is my birth place my Trinidad and tobago...... However due to high crimes murders etc I whom is still a tru tru Trini as we call ourselves is now ready to forsake the country of my birth and move to Canada with her
yes she has been living with me here and also her two small kid's who are also my step kid's has been living with us here also.....
and no we don't have joint accounts or purchases but the kid's attend private school we can get notarized letter from the principal as well as notarized letters from friends and family
also we have phone communication... pics. ... that sort of thing.... also we have a travel consent letter from the other biological parent of the kid's giving the mother permission to be here with them.... also the mother is also a citizen of my country by birth and a citizen of Canada by naturalization so she confered citizenship by decent to the kid's so every one has dual citizenship except me ofcouse
also we were victims of criminal acts thats why I'm now wanting to migrate with them we have receipts from our police report.
Thats the truth
If that is indeed the case, then I think you have a better chance for immigration this time around. Obviously none of us here on the forum know how it will go for you, but if your wife and her kids have been cohabitating with you all this time and you can get enough proof together to show a genuine married relationship, I think you will have a strong case for immigration. Remember that they will scrutinize every aspect because of the history of immigration fraud from that area. All that being said, this application does have less red flags than your previous one. Good luck.

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
If that is indeed the case, then I think you have a better chance for immigration this time around. Obviously none of us here on the forum know how it will go for you, but if your wife and her kids have been cohabitating with you all this time and you can get enough proof together to show a genuine married relationship, I think you will have a strong case for immigration. Remember that they will scrutinize every aspect because of the history of immigration fraud from that area. All that being said, this application does have less red flags than your previous one. Good luck.
okay thanks
now if need be we can wait even till next year maybe like around may next year and even get more evidence together such as a joint bank account and maybe even life insurance with each other as beneficiaries and anything else you can suggest we do.
please note that my last travels to Canada was back in 1995 .... I was granted a multiple entry visa for Canada and I only went to Canada once in that 5 year span of the visa validity. I never reapplied for anything immigration wise for Canada since that time.
Also can the minor kid's do letters to immigration about their cohabitation with me and maybe notarize those also?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
okay thanks
now if need be we can wait even till next year maybe like around may next year and even get more evidence together such as a joint bank account and maybe even life insurance with each other as beneficiaries and anything else you can suggest we do.
please note that my last travels to Canada was back in 1995 .... I was granted a multiple entry visa for Canada and I only went to Canada once in that 5 year span of the visa validity. I never reapplied for anything immigration wise for Canada since that time.
Also can the minor kid's do letters to immigration about their cohabitation with me and maybe notarize those also?
No the minor kids can’t prove that you lived together. You need actually documents like leases, bills, other mail, same addresses on driver’s license, bank records with the same addresses, school records for the children with home address, etc.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thats the truth
If you are in a genuine married relationship, you can certainly be sponsored.

However, you should expect IRCC to ask questions about the following

1. You got married very quickly
2. Shortly after getting married, you applied for spousal sponsorship, but you withdrew the application at the stage of medicals. Your wife could have lived with you in T&T while the application went through.. there was no real reason to withdraw, at least not based on what you've said. Possibly it was an emotional decision, and that's fine, but you will have to explain it.

Again, based on what you just said it certainly sounds like a genuine marriage and relationship, so you shouldn't worry too much. You should gather evidence to back up everything you've said, and be prepared to face some skepticism, but in the long run you should be able to get your PR.

As @canuck78 said, you do have to prove that you've been living together. If you don't have strong evidence right now, then you should absolutely start to build it (open joint accounts, make sure she has a drivers license, insurance, and so on). You can build that over the course of a year and then apply.. at that point you'll have been married for 4 years so it's really not going to be much of an issue to get PR.

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
hey guy's
you all are the best

now some more questions
my Canadian wife who lives here with me doesn't work and has been in a car accident in Canada in 2017 so she will be receiving her insurance settlement after some time from the insurance firm's in Canada apart from that 20000 Canadian check she do not have a income to show immigration on how she plan to financially take care of me when we get to Canada in Trinidad and tobago here i take care of all our expenses
How do she prove she has the ability to financially take care of me when we get to Canada ?
Can I or my parents give financial support letters?

And my wife is a house owner in Alberta Canada she basically got rid of most her personal items and her car before coming here to live so she only has her own house and her bank account in Canada
How do her prove her / our intent to resettle in Canada once I become a permanent resident?

Last edited: