+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solemn Declaration

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hi all,
I faxed the solemn declaration form for the PR card which I never received. Did someone recently did this process? Please share your experience.
Is there a way to confirm if they have received it? I did send them web form.
How to get updates about the new PR card? I see current processing time for (replacement cards) is 86 days?

Thanks,
Chikoo

GHMatLast

Jan 27, 2014
Hi, I am in similar situation,
I applied for PR card renewal in the month of July 2019, it was approved and shipped to my home address though I had provided them a different mailing address. I waited for 4 weeks and I didn't receive the card neither at my home address nor at my mailing address, and I had to travel back due to family reasons.

My questions are
a) Can I travel back to Canada using my old PR Card (expiration is in October 14,2019)

b) I have waited for 6 weeks as per IRCC timeline, before applying for replacement card using form imm5451e. I plan on faxing this form from outside of Canada, and travel to Canada when my application process is started for staying and collecting my new PR card.

My question, Can I fax this form from outside of Canada, and if there are any other forms that needs to be filled out when requesting for replacement PR card

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi, I am in similar situation,
I applied for PR card renewal in the month of July 2019, it was approved and shipped to my home address though I had provided them a different mailing address. I waited for 4 weeks and I didn't receive the card neither at my home address nor at my mailing address, and I had to travel back due to family reasons.

My questions are
a) Can I travel back to Canada using my old PR Card (expiration is in October 14,2019)

b) I have waited for 6 weeks as per IRCC timeline, before applying for replacement card using form imm5451e. I plan on faxing this form from outside of Canada, and travel to Canada when my application process is started for staying and collecting my new PR card.

My question, Can I fax this form from outside of Canada, and if there are any other forms that needs to be filled out when requesting for replacement PR card
Hey there, When a new PR Card is issued, the old card is no longer valid. However since your current PR Card is still valid, I believe you can still board the flight because usually the main issue is with airlines, they are the ones who can stop you from boarding. Canada will not deny you entry because you are a PR here even though you do not have your new card in your hands. Can you try to board the plane before October 14? I am not sure if they even have the ability and authority to check if your PR Card is still valid. If you are able to board the flight, then once you land in Canada, show the officer your old PR Card and show them the proof of your new PR Card being approved (screenshot from CIC account), have your driving license or health card or any other residence proofs ready in case they need it.

If the airline do not let you board for whatever reason, then the only way would be to cross the border through Niagara Falls. Do you have US Visa? If so, travel to New York and cross the border. Show the officer your old PR Card and confirmation that your new PR Card has been approved but you do not have it yet.

Yes you can fax this solemn declaration form from outside. I believe the processing time are very fast now - about 17 days. If you can wait until your new card is mailed to the correct address and brought back to you to your home, then that would be very ideal. If you cannot wait for your new PR Card for any reason and you do not have US Visa, then the only option is trying to board the flight.

GHMatLast

Jan 27, 2014
Thank you 'kiqr' for your quick response. I plan on traveling before Oct 14, and my home airport uses machine to read PR card, hope I don't run into any problems, and once I land in Canada. I am worried that I might be stopped for additional questions or they may retain my current PR card before allowing me to continue.

Though I have met RO before submitting for renewal of my PR, I haven't maintained active residence in Canada for last two years. I do have screenshots of CIC website about my applications and my email correspondence with CIC on my PR card status.... so considering all these factors I am having bit of anxiety for my travel back to Canada.

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Thank you 'kiqr' for your quick response. I plan on traveling before Oct 14, and my home airport uses machine to read PR card, hope I don't run into any problems, and once I land in Canada. I am worried that I might be stopped for additional questions or they may retain my current PR card before allowing me to continue.

Though I have met RO before submitting for renewal of my PR, I haven't maintained active residence in Canada for last two years. I do have screenshots of CIC website about my applications and my email correspondence with CIC on my PR card status.... so considering all these factors I am having bit of anxiety for my travel back to Canada.
You might be stopped for further questions but if you have met residence requirements and you have all essential documents, they cannot deny you entry. Afterall they approved your renewal for PR. But if you can wait for the new card, then do that. Atleast it saves you from the stress.

GHMatLast

Jan 27, 2014
Hi 'kiqr', Quick question, I faxed my solemn declaration form, and I wanted to know if I will get a separate case number for tracking this or will this be tracked as part of the original application number ... please share with me your experience... thanks

cccan

May 6, 2018
Hi everyone! Is it possible to submit the solemn declaration while residing abroad, and attach a LoE with a Canadian mailing address? The concern is that the form asks for "Residence Address", and it seems like a lot of people put their mailing address in that field which doesn't necessarily seem to be correct.

SGIL9922

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hlo Everyone
I am gonna change my adress on 1st jan. So should i put my new adress in the solemn declaration form ??
Please let me know if anyone has any knowledge about it.
Thanks

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi all,
I faxed the solemn declaration form for the PR card which I never received. Did someone recently did this process? Please share your experience.
Is there a way to confirm if they have received it? I did send them web form.
How to get updates about the new PR card? I see current processing time for (replacement cards) is 86 days?

Thanks,
Chikoo
How many days did it take for you to get your PR card? Was it a hassle again?