+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solemn declaration "permanent address" definition

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Dear All

As I am soon approaching 6 weeks since the PR card was mailed, it looks like I will end up having to submit a solemn declaration for PR card that was never received.
The declaration asks for "permanent address" - without specifying residential or mailing address.

I am currently abroad (and I made this clear to IRCC - so I thought I would be asked to pick up the card but this did not happen - they just mailed it to the address I resided in when I submitted the application, and it was lost in mail).

I wonder if indicating a Canadian MAILING address in the "permanent address" section of solemn declaration (and explaining that this is a mailing address in the section where they ask to explain the circumstances in which the card was lost or never received) is fine?

I do not want to risk mispresentation, so want to make sure this is a right thing to do, as long as I am clear in the declaration that this is a mailing address? After all, I cannot leave this section blank, and this should be a Canadian address, I understand...

Many thanks!