+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Software Professionals moving to Canada

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Dear members,

I have received my VISA and planning to move.SO just wanted to connect with the members who have similar profiles and are planning to move.
I have 6+ years of experience in PEOPLESOFT ERP Development .

If any members can help us on the job prospects or are currently working in IT in Canada ,then their valuable advice and help will be greatly appreciated by me and similar other forum members.

Waiting for the replies-----

champ_indian

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
AOR Received.
30-06-2010
File Transfer...
27-03-2010
Med's Request
CHANGED TO INPROCESS 01/11/2011 Real In Process 18/01/2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Passports with medicals send on 18 July 2012 to CIC
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi
I have also same exp around 7.5+ in C/C++ programming languages, i think you must have attended CIIP sessions .. can't they help you in anything

desirecanada said:
Dear members,

I have received my VISA and planning to move.SO just wanted to connect with the members who have similar profiles and are planning to move.
I have 6+ years of experience in PEOPLESOFT ERP Development .

If any members can help us on the job prospects or are currently working in IT in Canada ,then their valuable advice and help will be greatly appreciated by me and similar other forum members.

Waiting for the replies-----

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hi champ,

thanks for your reply.

I am from kolkata so could not attend any CIIP session.But I have stayed in Toronto from mid 2008 to mid 2010. So have some canadian exp.

kannadakanmani

Mar 12, 2012
Since you already gained significant canadian exp, start applying from where ever you are currently located. Go through job websites in canada and it will be really really helpful if you have a canadian phone number and address.

Also lot of jobs happen through internal references so time to start reaching out to the contacts you know here.

-KK

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Thanks for the reply..currently I am in India and don't think I will get any calls from Canada to India.Though I have some friends in Toronto I dont think giving their number will work.

It will be good if brothers/sisters with similar profiles and working in canada share their experiences .It will be beneficial to all the members who want info..

waiting for the replies..thanks

CanExpert

Jan 31, 2013
desirecanada said:
Thanks for the reply..currently I am in India and don't think I will get any calls from Canada to India.Though I have some friends in Toronto I dont think giving their number will work.

It will be good if brothers/sisters with similar profiles and working in canada share their experiences .It will be beneficial to all the members who want info..

waiting for the replies..thanks
First of Congratulation of getting your PR Status in Canada

If you are planningto come in 2-3 months, I would still recommend you to start applying and write to hiring person about your avability. Unfortunatily hiring process is bit slow in Canada.

I am into SAP BI and working in Canada for 8 years.

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Thanks CanExpert,

Currently I am in India so dont know how to go about to get the interview calls from here.
DO you know about any consultancy firms that can arrange for interviews from canadian employers either when I go to toronto or while I an Still in India.MY visa expires in mid july so I have some time to give interviews from here if possible.

Any help or Ideas from the members will be greatly appreciated.