+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

soft landing

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yes and all arrivals anyway need to comply with the mandatory 14 day quarantine on arrival . Some people have reported attempting a soft landing and just accepted the quarantine just not landed and tried to return same day or a few days later given the quarantine requirement. Put another way CBSA are not apparently that receptive of people doing soft landings at this time much same as flagpoling is a no.

Note not sure there is an official statement on this other than the mandatory quarantine for all arrivals.

May 12, 2020
Hi,

What is the policy right now for soft landings for COPR holders entering through international airports? Given the quarantine regulations now in place:

(1) Am I allowed to trigger my PR card application at immigration after my international flight arrives and immediately thereafter, without leaving the airport and without serving quarantine, board a departing international flight?

(2) Would you recommend the above course of action?

For what it's worth, my COPR expires on July 31st, but I am planning to travel in June.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

I want to do a soft landing into Canada from US? Does anyone know if that is allowed. I have figured out my quarantine plan but I need to return to US since I am a student who has classes. Can I leave Canada after 14 days of quarantine? or will I be denied entry if I say I am here for soft landing? Would appreciate any feedback. My COPR expires on 1st Oct 2020.

vamsikgr

Sep 22, 2019
You should be fine. And you can travel and come back to USA.

I heard in this forums, some of them made back to USA without staying for 14 days quarantine. Any ways, plan accordingly.

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
You should be fine. And you can travel and come back to USA.

I heard in this forums, some of them made back to USA without staying for 14 days quarantine. Any ways, plan accordingly.
Hey Vamsi,

Thanks for your reply. Can you share what kind of questions were asked at the Canadian airport to your friends when they landed? and did they do soft landing? if yes, how long ago was the trip?

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hi everyone,

I want to do a soft landing into Canada from US? Does anyone know if that is allowed. I have figured out my quarantine plan but I need to return to US since I am a student who has classes. Can I leave Canada after 14 days of quarantine? or will I be denied entry if I say I am here for soft landing? Would appreciate any feedback. My COPR expires on 1st Oct 2020.
According to CIC soft landing is no longer allowed as its not an essential travel. I think its better if you call US and Canadian border services prior to your travel.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
According to CIC soft landing is no longer allowed as its not an essential travel. I think its better if you call US and Canadian border services prior to your travel.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved
Hi Vaishnavi,

Thank you for reply. Do you know if I apply for extension, what exactly are the next steps? will my visa be approved if I have a valid medical, PCC? or I have to do the entire process of going into the pool etc..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Agree that you are upfront that you are only doing a soft landing you can be denied boarding. Wouldn’t be upfront about your short stay.
Thank you for your reply. Any idea if I apply for extension, will my visa be approved easily based on my prior approval or do I have to repeat the process?

vamsikgr

Sep 22, 2019
Travelling from any country other than the US
If we issued your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) on or before March 18, 2020, you

• are exempt from the travel restrictions and
  • can travel to Canada with your CoPR to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident
Check the issue date in the Application Details section of your CoPR to see if this applies to you.

Travelling from the US
You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• we approved your application and
  • we sent you a CoPR

vamsikgr

Sep 22, 2019
if the application is approved on or before March 18 , you can travel.

coming backwards also should not be a problem

please correct me if I’m wrong here

dsamerwyn

Mar 4, 2019
Can anyone help regarding this new rule for soft landing, I have booked my tickets but now I am stick and not sure of what to do . Copr is expiring in september

vamsikgr

Sep 22, 2019
What I see and read is if your Copr is approved on or before March 18 and you live in USA - you can travel to Canada for soft landing