Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
Yes. On various Facebook Groups also this same question is popping up. I think only US COPR holders who do the border crossing thing are allowed. For many COPR holders from India - esp. those who landed on or after 10th July via Vande Bharat AI flights - it remains to be seen what questions they were asked, how serious the checking is done, and whether they had already booked their return flight tickets or not. Ask Kubeir, Moving2Canada, YMCA NSC and other groups I am checking. If it turns out that nothing serious is being asked for or checked, then the guideline could very well be a scare tactic, without any serious present or future repurcussions. Minimum trip has to be 3 weeks as 2 weeks will go in Q, and the last week you have to get your SIN and Bank Account - which are absolutely essential before you land a job or join a Bridging Program. So any short stay has to be 3 - 4 weeks i.e. a month long. Now if Border Security objects to this - then we are doomed. Looking actively for such experiences; but legally deportation can't be allowed I think.

PC
--new member, first post/comment---

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Yes. On various Facebook Groups also this same question is popping up. I think only US COPR holders who do the border crossing thing are allowed. For many COPR holders from India - esp. those who landed on or after 10th July via Vande Bharat AI flights - it remains to be seen what questions they were asked, how serious the checking is done, and whether they had already booked their return flight tickets or not. Ask Kubeir, Moving2Canada, YMCA NSC and other groups I am checking. If it turns out that nothing serious is being asked for or checked, then the guideline could very well be a scare tactic, without any serious present or future repurcussions. Minimum trip has to be 3 weeks as 2 weeks will go in Q, and the last week you have to get your SIN and Bank Account - which are absolutely essential before you land a job or join a Bridging Program. So any short stay has to be 3 - 4 weeks i.e. a month long. Now if Border Security objects to this - then we are doomed. Looking actively for such experiences; but legally deportation can't be allowed I think.

PC
--new member, first post/comment---
hi, will there be an issue if I return before getting the sin # or opening a bank account ? I mean if it’s just for the sake of soft landing, can I get the sin number later ? During my second visit.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
hi, will there be an issue if I return before getting the sin # or opening a bank account ? I mean if it’s just for the sake of soft landing, can I get the sin number later ? During my second visit.
You are not supposed to be doing soft landings at this time. They say you should only come right now if you are coming to settle permanently. To answer your question, you can get a SIN at any time, there is no set time for it, only need a SIN in order to work in Canada.

hafizmohd91

Aug 30, 2020
Can anyone care to share their experience of soft landing here (Other than US)? I am specifically looking to get some info, if any of you managed to complete their soft landing and get their PR cards issued. My COPR is expiring on Sep and I am worried about letting it expire. At the moment, settling in canada is not an option at least for the next 12 months.

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
hello guys, when I get PPR and I do soft landing the first time to do PR confirmation. do I still have to show them POF when I land to Canada the 2nd time (when I decide to permanently settle)?

thank you.

Lpranitha

Apr 29, 2022
hello guys, when I get PPR and I do soft landing the first time to do PR confirmation. do I still have to show them POF when I land to Canada the 2nd time (when I decide to permanently settle)?

thank you.
Hey, did you do soft landing? Is it allowed now??

tanvi3692

Sep 1, 2022
Hi I did my soft landing a week ago (Aug. 26 2022). I did it via land border near Vancouver. The officer did not ask me for any address in Canada and said that i would receive my PR card wherever I got mu COPR. I don't think we get our PR card mailed outside Canada and i received my COPR in the US. He also mentioned I could use my COPR (client copy) to come back to Canada. Is that only via land border? I don't think it can be used to fly with right? And how do I provide an address in Canada now? I am confused on whether my card will arrive at my US address. The address notification tool keeps saying they aren't able to verify me which is strange. I could possibly use the Case Enquiry but I'm not sure what to do. Please help

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi I did my soft landing a week ago (Aug. 26 2022). I did it via land border near Vancouver. The officer did not ask me for any address in Canada and said that i would receive my PR card wherever I got mu COPR. I don't think we get our PR card mailed outside Canada and i received my COPR in the US. He also mentioned I could use my COPR (client copy) to come back to Canada. Is that only via land border? I don't think it can be used to fly with right? And how do I provide an address in Canada now? I am confused on whether my card will arrive at my US address. The address notification tool keeps saying they aren't able to verify me which is strange. I could possibly use the Case Enquiry but I'm not sure what to do. Please help
Hi Tanvi,

The PR card and SIN card will be mailed only to a Canadian address. COPR can be used only to travel once. I did my soft landing in April 2022 at Toronto airport. I faced some issues with my SIN number since I had a previously expired COPR which I didn't use mainly due to Covid, so when I called the immigration from Canada, they initially had issues with finding my information since probably there was a system glitch or the officer at the port of entry had messed up my information. They were able to verify and then the processing started for the card started with IRCC. I would recommend trying calling IRCC and submitting a webform if you cannot call (Sometimes the wait is too long or the call doesn't get connected) and then mention clearly what has happened. On your passport, there should be a four-digit number on a stamp that the officer must have stamped (I guess that identifies the officer who did your immigration work at the airport or border) when you entered Canada. Once you provide that with the flight details, IRCC can pull up your information and potentially recommend the next steps. Hope this helps.

tanvi3692

Sep 1, 2022
Hi Tanvi,

The PR card and SIN card will be mailed only to a Canadian address. COPR can be used only to travel once. I did my soft landing in April 2022 at Toronto airport. I faced some issues with my SIN number since I had a previously expired COPR which I didn't use mainly due to Covid, so when I called the immigration from Canada, they initially had issues with finding my information since probably there was a system glitch or the officer at the port of entry had messed up my information. They were able to verify and then the processing started for the card started with IRCC. I would recommend trying calling IRCC and submitting a webform if you cannot call (Sometimes the wait is too long or the call doesn't get connected) and then mention clearly what has happened. On your passport, there should be a four-digit number on a stamp that the officer must have stamped (I guess that identifies the officer who did your immigration work at the airport or border) when you entered Canada. Once you provide that with the flight details, IRCC can pull up your information and potentially recommend the next steps. Hope this helps.
Hi I think thats because you went by air right? They told me COPR can be used to travel by land border only. I am not able to get through to IRCC also because I live in the US the number doesn't go through. Are you currently in Canada? You said you did soft landing so how did you go back to the airport again when you faced the issue? I didnt quite understand how you have a SIN and faced the issue the very first time you went there?

akshayde

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi I think thats because you went by air right? They told me COPR can be used to travel by land border only. I am not able to get through to IRCC also because I live in the US the number doesn't go through. Are you currently in Canada? You said you did soft landing so how did you go back to the airport again when you faced the issue? I didnt quite understand how you have a SIN and faced the issue the very first time you went there?
Hi Tanvi,

Yes, I flew to Toronto from the US. I am not sure about that rule where COPR can be used to travel by land border only since I also used a COPR as well. In regards to the SIN problem, so basically I hadn't traveled on my initial COPR due to covid so I ended up getting a new one from IRCC after redoing medical and police verification. However, when I went to apply for SIN, the person there said that I cant get one since I had a previously expired COPR and IRCC has put my SIN on hold because of that. I am guessing that was mainly to prevent any sorts of identity theft or something. So they recommended calling IRCC and that's when I found out that my PR card wasn't being processed yet since they didnt have my information in the system or rather correct information.

I am currently back in the US. I came back using AVR (Automated Visa Revalidation). I have family in Canada so I gave their address for both cards to be shipped. Yes, I have heard and also tried calling IRCC from the US and it doesn't connect. The best bet would be to use the web form.