+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing

pith_123

Sep 14, 2017
Hi,
We are planning to do soft landing via Road. Is that possible?
Are there any important things to be kept in mind while doing a soft landing?
Does the immigration officer ask about soft landing? If yes, what should be the appropriate answer, as we don't plan to move there as of now.

Elegua2014

Aug 18, 2014
Hi,
We are planning to do soft landing via Road. Is that possible?
Are there any important things to be kept in mind while doing a soft landing?
Does the immigration officer ask about soft landing? If yes, what should be the appropriate answer, as we don't plan to move there as of now.
did anyone asnwer you because I am wondering the same thing

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Yes. Crossing border from US is fairly simple. I crossed from Peace bridge.
- Keep Goods in Possession & Goods to follow list ready.
- be careful with Goods to follow once that is stamped.. you will only get those item to carry as duty free other than that you have to pay duty.
- be clear and transparent. This is very important.

One thing you can do it get additional photographs with dates stamped on back and name written on it for each applicant. If you can landing after 6 months of COPR, the photographs on record are outdated. You can as the officer if you can submit the new pics right away. This may save some time.

Mar 26, 2020
- be careful with Goods to follow once that is stamped.. you will only get those item to carry as duty free other than that you have to pay duty.

One thing you can do it get additional photographs with dates stamped on back and name written on it for each applicant. If you can landing after 6 months of COPR, the photographs on record are outdated. You can as the officer if you can submit the new pics right away. This may save some time.
What if they request for photos after soft landing. Is it ok to send the photos from abroad or send the photos to a friend and they send to PR office? Or can someone send the recent photos soft copy and get printed there in Canada and send to PR office?(because of COVID situation everything is closed here in india. )
Will the IRCC give any extension for submission of photos?
can someone answer plz. Appreciate the help in advance.

Mar 26, 2020

What if they request for photos after soft landing. Is it ok to send the photos from abroad or send the photos to a friend and they send to PR office? Or can someone send the recent photos soft copy and get printed there in Canada and send to PR office?(because of COVID situation everything is closed here in india. )

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Not sure how the COVID 19 will impact the processing time or grant of an extended deadline.

I suggest you, if possible, ship it directly to the official address instead of sending it to a friend and then him mailing it out. It's pointless.
I don't think you can submit a soft copy regardless.

Mar 26, 2020
Not sure how the COVID 19 will impact the processing time or grant of an extended deadline.

I suggest you, if possible, ship it directly to the official address instead of sending it to a friend and then him mailing it out. It's pointless.
I don't think you can submit a soft copy regardless.
Thanks for for the response. Appreciate it. Everything is lockdown due to pandemic so there is no mail service. Fedex doesn’t deliver to POBox so Had to send to a friend and send it from canadapost. only the government services deliver to POBox. I hope they provide the extra time to submit the pics or in general. This corona is troubling the whole planet .

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Thanks for for the response. Appreciate it. Everything is lockdown due to pandemic so there is no mail service. Fedex doesn’t deliver to POBox so Had to send to a friend and send it from canadapost. only the government services deliver to POBox. I hope they provide the extra time to submit the pics or in general. This corona is troubling the whole planet .
You could have used postal service in your country. But this is okay too.