+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing without starting the 730 day counter

Vicky28

Feb 9, 2021
Hello,

My husband and I applied for express entry program, and we have CoPR valid until April 2022. We live in the US and ideally want to delay moving to Canada for as long as possible
How we, we have to visit Canada for an urgent family need and wondering if we can use our visitor visas instead (valid till Aug 2023).

Can we enter canada next month on visitor visa without it counting as a soft landing?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Just realized I had a typo! CoPR valid till April 2023. Sorry about that
Okay. You can use your visitor visa to enter. Just don't mention your COPR document. You are not considered PR unless your COPR is signed and stamped at entry.

However, things can be uncertain. What if you do not get a chance to do your landing again before Apr2023 because of some reason? Do not wait till the last date to do the landing.

Vicky28

Feb 9, 2021
That's a great point on not waiting until last minute.
In terms of entering on visitor visa, glad to know it's a possibility. I had assumed they could just pull my PR up based on name/other details.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
That's a great point on not waiting until last minute.
In terms of entering on visitor visa, glad to know it's a possibility. I had assumed they could just pull my PR up based on name/other details.
@cansha - once you are issued a CoPR, I thought all other valid visas - visitor, work permit etc. are nullified. isnt that true ?

Rockyrevan

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hello,

My husband and I applied for express entry program, and we have CoPR valid until April 2022. We live in the US and ideally want to delay moving to Canada for as long as possible
How we, we have to visit Canada for an urgent family need and wondering if we can use our visitor visas instead (valid till Aug 2023).

Can we enter canada next month on visitor visa without it counting as a soft landing?
Once you get CANADA COPR all other visa will be cancelled by default. So you cannot use visitor visa as it stands cancelled.

Reactions: nickgrizzly