+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing Windsor tunnel experience

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
thank you everyone for valuable inputs that I received my COPR and did my soft landing yesterday thru Windsor tunnel...
I reached Detroit Windsor Tunnel at 12.30 pm and officer checked my passport and asked me to park my vehicle ..After that another officer came and ask the purpose of my visit...I said soft landing for PR ,she took my passports and called inside the office...At that time there was no waiting,I was the only person at the CBP office...officer took my passport,COPR and goods to follow list and asked me to wait...
He then asked whether I have searched any house to live there and do I have address?i said I wl be moving in December...but I can give u my relatives address...He said he cannot take relatives address and apply for PR card when I move permanently..
Till then I can use COPR paper to enter Canda thru usa..when I ask him if Ian coming from India will it work he said no,I wl have to apply for visa then..
He asked me and my wife to sign on COPR paper and attached them to our passports...
He then checked good to follow list and ask if I have any other things to move or any other car except whatever is written on the list because if I have anything extra and bring them when I move permanently, I will have to pay tax for that..I said no I have mentioned all the things in the list...He checked it ...I asked him do you need proof of funds or anything..He said no as u have already received COPR that means immigration has already checked all those things...
The whole process took almost 45mins...
After that I went to SIN office...they asked my name and asked me to wait ...I asked her how much time...She said there are 10 people ahead of you so it will take 30-45 mins for your turn..
My turn came after 30 mins...The lady at the counter was very nice ...took my details , checked my COPR and issued me SIN ...printed a paper and ask to keep it safely..same process for my wife and kid..it took 30 mins..
After that I decided to come back to usa
as I didn’t have stamping on my passport but valid i94 was there..But still I was scared whether they will allow me to enter usa using AVR process...and also I wanted to avoid office traffic..
I entered USA , officer asked me to roll down the windows and ask for the passport...I told him I don’t have stamping in my passport but I have i94 with me...He took passport and i797 paper and checked them and return them to me , said I am good to go..He didn’t ask anything else..whole process took 5 mins and I was in my car only..
Because of this group I got to know about AVR and was able to do my soft landing..
Thank you god and everyone on this forum who answered my questions and mentioned their experience because of which I was able to get my PR and do my soft landing..I did whole process on my own without any consultant which was made possible by dis forum..
If anyone has any question I wl do my best to answer that...

Reactions: Vinami

rockdude0719

Oct 27, 2018
Congratulations. I had the same experience but then How did you get the PR Card.? Did you apply for it without going out of USA. Is that something possible?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Congratulations. I had the same experience but then How did you get the PR Card.? Did you apply for it without going out of USA. Is that something possible?
IRCC will not mail a PR card outside of Canada so you should assume you need a Canadian address and then have someone forward it to you. The guidelines are clear that a PR card should not be applied for from outside of Canada although if the application includes a Canadian address not sure how IRCC would police that as seems doubtful they would reject an application based on a postage stamped from outside of the country. .

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
I calle cic and gave my cousin address for PR card.my PR card came in 4 weeks to her address..Although my PR card is still with her as I dnt know whether mailing of PR card is allowed or not from Canada to usa and bcz of corona till now I am not able to travel to Canada...

rockdude0719

Oct 27, 2018
I calle cic and gave my cousin address for PR card.my PR card came in 4 weeks to her address..Although my PR card is still with her as I dnt know whether mailing of PR card is allowed or not from Canada to usa and bcz of corona till now I am not able to travel to Canada...
Congrats on getting your PR card. Could you help me with the number that you called CIC to get the PR card?

rockdude0719

Oct 27, 2018
Also, help me understand did you pay any fees for getting the PR card?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Congrats on getting your PR card. Could you help me with the number that you called CIC to get the PR card?
Right now I dnt know whether that number will work or not..I wl find it and let u know .Till then u can try dis, Someone posted on forum how they updated address for PR card.
If it doesnt work we need to submit a request through the webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

rockdude0719

Oct 27, 2018
Thank you much I tried to access the link provided for address notification but when I entered my details it’s saying there is no application pending at this time or details might be wrong message appeared.
Do you have any idea if and only CBSA officer filed for PR card At the time of landing you will be able to apply for address notification form online?? Or it is nothing to do with CBSA officer and all PR candidates can able to access applying For PR card?

I believe I have to raise a webform or reach CIC through the number. Thanks for the link

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Thank you much I tried to access the link provided for address notification but when I entered my details it’s saying there is no application pending at this time or details might be wrong message appeared.
Do you have any idea if and only CBSA officer filed for PR card At the time of landing you will be able to apply for address notification form online?? Or it is nothing to do with CBSA officer and all PR candidates can able to access applying For PR card?

I believe I have to raise a webform or reach CIC through the number. Thanks for the link
Yes raise a web form or try calling as mentioned in post above..Keep on searching in forum as people post their experience.