+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing - What is the legal route?

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hi. I'm planning to have a soft landing since we still need to do a bit of preparation to ensure a smooth permanent transition (our employers are a MNC so trying to find us jobs in the Canadian offices, we don't want to cut the school year short, etc.). My understanding is that PR cards are taking months to be finalized, so we won't have that much time to wait for it. What is the legal way to get out of the country while the PR cards are being processed? We have friends in Canada who can receive our cards and send them to us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I'm planning to have a soft landing since we still need to do a bit of preparation to ensure a smooth permanent transition (our employers are a MNC so trying to find us jobs in the Canadian offices, we don't want to cut the school year short, etc.). My understanding is that PR cards are taking months to be finalized, so we won't have that much time to wait for it. What is the legal way to get out of the country while the PR cards are being processed? We have friends in Canada who can receive our cards and send them to us.
I'm not sure what you mean by the legal way to leave the country. Canada has no exit controls. So you can just leave.

You'll need either a PR card or a PRTD to return via plane to Canada. However you can leave without having either of these. Your friend can courier the PR card to you outside of Canada once received.