+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing - visiting Niagara falls on USA side, can we re-enter using COPR?

swatiswati

Jun 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

we are planning to soft land in toronto soon.

We will be visiting friends across the border in USA at niagra. All of us have US visitor visa (indian citizenship).
Understood from few other helpful people that we can re-enter usign COPR if we have private vehicle.

We are not planning to rent a car. But both sides friends can drop us till border but nonone can cross with us.

So my question is -- can we re-enter Canada using stamped copr? Or we must have either PR card or PRTD? Or we need someone with valid visa to help us cross in their private vehicle?

worst case - we will have to cancel our niagra usa plan! :(

Please guide!

Thank you in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

we are planning to soft land in toronto soon.

We will be visiting friends across the border in USA at niagra. All of us have US visitor visa (indian citizenship).
Understood from few other helpful people that we can re-enter usign COPR if we have private vehicle.

We are not planning to rent a car. But both sides friends can drop us till border but nonone can cross with us.

So my question is -- can we re-enter Canada using stamped copr? Or we must have either PR card or PRTD? Or we need someone with valid visa to help us cross in their private vehicle?

worst case - we will have to cancel our niagra usa plan! :(

Please guide!

Thank you in advance!
Hi

You can enter on foot without a PR card or PRTD. No one needs to cross with you. You don't even need your COPR, as the CBSA officer will be able to see your PR status when they swipe your passport.

swatiswati

Jun 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much! As someone can drop and pick us up on both sides, I think crossing by foot is feasible! Such a relief!

Has anyone done this before and recently?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much! As someone can drop and pick us up on both sides, I think crossing by foot is feasible! Such a relief!

Has anyone done this before and recently?
People do it everyday. The forum is full of threads about this.

swatiswati

Jun 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you again! I could not find many posts of this. May be my bad!

As of now still going ahead with our plan. We will exit and re-enter by foot at rainbow bridge! Hopefully it will be smooth.

syahska

Star Member
May 13, 2016
Hi there,

I have landed here in Toronto on a short landing (returning 29th April 2018) and was planning to do the Megabus. I see that with Megabus we may need to cross the border. How does this work now since I only have the COPR and not the PR card. I hold a US Business/Visitors visa btw

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I have landed here in Toronto on a short landing (returning 29th April 2018) and was planning to do the Megabus. I see that with Megabus we may need to cross the border. How does this work now since I only have the COPR and not the PR card. I hold a US Business/Visitors visa btw
PRTD. I don't know if that's sufficient time to get one though, call your VAC.