+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing - Quebec

iterp89

May 9, 2018
Hi All,

I've my brother living in Montreal, I was planning to soft land in Blackpool, Quebec from NY by driving.

Planning to use his address in Montreal for PR card. I will move to Toronto or Vancouver when I get a job.

Do you guys think it is wise to soft land via Blackpool, Quebec?

Thanks!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
It doesnt matter where you land. Its all the same process

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi All,

I've my brother living in Montreal, I was planning to soft land in Blackpool, Quebec from NY by driving.

Planning to use his address in Montreal for PR card. I will move to Toronto or Vancouver when I get a job.

Do you guys think it is wise to soft land via Blackpool, Quebec?

Thanks!
So if you are arriving by road to soft land in Quebec and have not applied through the specific Quebec immigration program you should be prepared to be convincing that it is not your intention to reside in Quebec from the outset.

This is not a big challenge for those transiting Montreal for example destined for Toronto as they can show onward travel . Also using a Montreal address for your PR card with this plan might also add a complication.

So sure the landing process is same wherever you land with the exception that Quebec is more sensitive to people landing in Quebec who did not apply to Quebec. There is a possibility CBSA will refuse your PR landing although impossible to predict but you need to be prepared for that possibility.

Above is my personal view others can comment or correct as appropriate.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree that unless you applied to a Quebec PR program you can’t land in Quebec. Would also avoid send PR car to Quebec but that is my opinion. Hopefully you have a family or friend in another province.