+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing Minimum Days

Danieldanie

Dec 15, 2017
Hi, I got my Canada PR approved and need to be in Canada by May. But my firm is sending me on a small project to the US for a year. I would not like to miss this opportunity. I have heard about soft Landing. So if I plan to visit Canada to complete the PR formalities, minimum how many days should I stay?
Also when I leave Canada, is there a document I should have since I won't have the PR catdby then?

jaggeo

Star Member
May 11, 2017
ok, so once u have your passport stamped with the counterfoil, their would be a date mentioned on it, specifically a expiry date. that would be your last allowed port of entry date.
also once you enter, you must wait for your PR card. which can take upto 3 months.
so technically with out the PR card you cant enter back into canada. so i would advice you better enter and make sure u get the card n then exit anywhere you like

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
ok, so once u have your passport stamped with the counterfoil, their would be a date mentioned on it, specifically a expiry date. that would be your last allowed port of entry date.
also once you enter, you must wait for your PR card. which can take upto 3 months.
so technically with out the PR card you cant enter back into canada. so i would advice you better enter and make sure u get the card n then exit anywhere you like
This is not true at all. He can enter Canada without PR card by road using CoPR.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Incorrect

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi, I got my Canada PR approved and need to be in Canada by May. But my firm is sending me on a small project to the US for a year. I would not like to miss this opportunity. I have heard about soft Landing. So if I plan to visit Canada to complete the PR formalities, minimum how many days should I stay?
Also when I leave Canada, is there a document I should have since I won't have the PR catdby then?
Do land in US with your relative documents and by road enter Canada and complete landing formalities. Mention address of any of your Canadian friend so that he can receive your PR card. Even the SIN card can be applied the same day. So, once you are done, return back to US.

Once your friend receives your PR card, ask him to courier it to you. Then you can land anytime.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
If I'm not wrong there is also PRTD through which you can enter in Canada without PR card

Reactions: RohitV

Danieldanie

Dec 15, 2017
Great Thank you all!!
I have a follow up. So initially if I enter by flight, use my CoPR and complete the formalities, apply for SIN, can I leave back to US after 2 days? Or is there that I can only leave after a set amount of days?

Danieldanie

Dec 15, 2017
Do land in US with your relative documents and by road enter Canada and complete landing formalities. Mention address of any of your Canadian friend so that he can receive your PR card. Even the SIN card can be applied the same day. So, once you are done, return back to US.

Once your friend receives your PR card, ask him to courier it to you. Then you can land anytime.
Is it okay if I fly in? I will be at SF and to go by road from there to Toronto, which is where I have a relative, would be a very long journey. So if I fly in from SF, would there be an issue?

jaggeo

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Is it okay if I fly in? I will be at SF and to go by road from there to Toronto, which is where I have a relative, would be a very long journey. So if I fly in from SF, would there be an issue?
reason why i said to collect you PR card n then leave is cos you don't wanna take chance with courier and all cos if you loose it, then its another hassle and you cannot enter into Canada till you get another card. so its your call.. but yes you can do as advised by Mr. Preetsingh.
also you can from fly from SF, the process only starts when once you enter Canada , then you can leave , just remember to mention the correct address as to where the card has to be mailed and then you can ask your family/friends to courier it.

Last edited:

JayashreeGowda

Nov 18, 2018
Great Thank you all!!
I have a follow up. So initially if I enter by flight, use my CoPR and complete the formalities, apply for SIN, can I leave back to US after 2 days? Or is there that I can only leave after a set amount of days?
hey hi

is there a minimum number of days that you should stay??