+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing Inquiries

vmr7374

Feb 7, 2021
Good afternoon everyone,

I am planning to do a soft landing at Detroit - Windsor border next week. I got couple of queries regarding my PR status.

1. When I applied for PR back in 2019, I did my medical exam in April 2019 and given information on IRCC website, it expires after 12 months - which would be April 2020. I was approved for PR in February 2020 and sent my passport for single time visa stamping within 10 days. But I received my Passport back with single time entry visa and COPR letter in May 2020. My COPR expiration date is February 25, 2021. Is it going to be an issue due to the expiration of my medical exam at the Port of Entry?

2. When filing for PR through Express entry, I was single, but I got married 2 months back. Will that affect my PR status? How do I process my status change?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good afternoon everyone,

I am planning to do a soft landing at Detroit - Windsor border next week. I got couple of queries regarding my PR status.

1. When I applied for PR back in 2019, I did my medical exam in April 2019 and given information on IRCC website, it expires after 12 months - which would be April 2020. I was approved for PR in February 2020 and sent my passport for single time visa stamping within 10 days. But I received my Passport back with single time entry visa and COPR letter in May 2020. My COPR expiration date is February 25, 2021. Is it going to be an issue due to the expiration of my medical exam at the Port of Entry?

2. When filing for PR through Express entry, I was single, but I got married 2 months back. Will that affect my PR status? How do I process my status change?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You must add your wife to your application before landing. If you land without adding her you will not be able to sponsor her in the future.

Reactions: YVR123

vmr7374

Feb 7, 2021
You must add your wife to your application before landing. If you land without adding her you will not be able to sponsor her in the future.
Thanks for the reply. I've already submitted a query in IRCC webform 3 days back. Haven't heard back anything even a confirmation that my query has been submitted. Do you know any other means to contact IRCC where I can inform my status change?