+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing from US to Canada

nehaprasad14

Feb 2, 2020
I am planning to do soft landing in Canada this month to activate my PR. I have the following queries :
1. Is okay to return on same day?
2. If asked for the duration of stay what should we say?
3. In Custom declaration form, should we fill part B(visitor section) or Part C(Resident section)? If part B what should be the duration of stay as I am returning on the same day.
4. If my port of entry is Toronto, can I give address for PR card from any other state?

It would be great if someone could clear my doubts asap as I will be flying this month.

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am planning to do soft landing in Canada this month to activate my PR. I have the following queries :
1. Is okay to return on same day?
2. If asked for the duration of stay what should we say?
3. In Custom declaration form, should we fill part B(visitor section) or Part C(Resident section)? If part B what should be the duration of stay as I am returning on the same day.
4. If my port of entry is Toronto, can I give address for PR card from any other state?

It would be great if someone could clear my doubts asap as I will be flying this month.

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes.

2. The truth.

3. Visitor. Again, the truth.

4. Canada has provinces and territories, not states. If you immigrated through PNP, give an address in that province. If not through PNP, then you can give any address outside of Quebec.

Reactions: nehaprasad14

nehaprasad14

Feb 2, 2020
1. Yes.

2. The truth.

3. Visitor. Again, the truth.

4. Canada has provinces and territories, not states. If you immigrated through PNP, give an address in that province. If not through PNP, then you can give any address outside of Quebec.

Thanks for your quick response. However I had this doubt because I had read in the forum that "do not make that obvious to CBSA at the border as they have been known to not accept to process for a soft landing"... so stating that I m just there for a day won't affect my PR activation process?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your quick response. However I had this doubt because I had read in the forum that "do not make that obvious to CBSA at the border as they have been known to not accept to process for a soft landing"... so stating that I m just there for a day won't affect my PR activation process?
No.

Reactions: nehaprasad14

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Never lie to immigration officials. You don't have to volunteer information, but don't lie. The only thing some officers do is to not accept your Canada address for PR cards if you are soft landing. They cannot deny your landing formalities altogether.

As for the Customs form. My advice is not to fill up anything. You can prepare a list whenever you actually move permanently.