+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing for PNP streams

Ishie23

Dec 18, 2014
Hello Everyone!
I hope you could shed us some light as we are now planning out itinerary for our soft landing. With God’s grace, we were blessed to have our PR under the PNP stream (Nova Scotia).
Planning to do a soft landing this June and apply our PR card when we get there. We are currently based in Australia and might return here after soft landing to sort something things out. I have a few questions though,

Can I travel locally within Canada while waiting for our PR card? If local travel is allowed, I plan to visit my brother in Edmonton. How long can I possibly stay there?
Can our PR cards be shipped to my brother’s address in Edmonton?

Thank you in advanced!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
1. Even though NS is sponsoring your PR, you are becoming PR of Canada and not NS. You have same rights as any Canadian Citizen ( minus voting rights). You can travel ( and in fact settle down) to any part of Canada.

2. This is tricky. Most of the times, CBSA agents are OK with it ( only exception being Quebec-CSQ holders) but to be on safe side you will let CBSA agent know that you do not have any address in NS yet and you will inform CIC about your permanent address in few days. CBSA agent will most probably give you form IMM 5456B, that you will need to fax to CIC with your address.

After finishing landing formalities and leaving CBSA office, you can fax that form to CIC with Edmonton address. You can also change your address online using below link:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coanotify

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
At Port of entry there can be questions on your intentions of settling in Nova Scotia(NS) so from your side ensure you are landing in NS or have connecting flight tickets for NS.
You are free to travel and can stay as long as you want at your brother's place.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

NarendarM

Apr 13, 2019
AOR Received.
29-05-2019
Hello Everyone!
I hope you could shed us some light as we are now planning out itinerary for our soft landing. With God’s grace, we were blessed to have our PR under the PNP stream (Nova Scotia).
Planning to do a soft landing this June and apply our PR card when we get there. We are currently based in Australia and might return here after soft landing to sort something things out. I have a few questions though,

Can I travel locally within Canada while waiting for our PR card? If local travel is allowed, I plan to visit my brother in Edmonton. How long can I possibly stay there?
Can our PR cards be shipped to my brother’s address in Edmonton?

Thank you in advanced!
Hi Ishle23,
I am also same situation like you now. Got PR under PNP stream(Ontario), planning to do softlanding in Sept and apply for PR card, return to my home country India. I am planning to come back to Canada early next year. Did you face any issues when you returned back to Canada second time ?
Any idea, within how many months we need to be back to Canada after soft landing?

Thanks
Narendar M