+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing experience October 2019

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
The officer doesnt ask this question no, but if he/she asks then you will have to disclose this information and only very few officers dont initiate the process because of that, most of them do though.
In conclusion, its not asked usually no, but if asked then of course you cant hide it from the officers
Good luck
Thank you!

Reactions: gauri48

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Thanks for sharing your experience Gauri. I submitted my file on the 7th of Sep 2019 under EE FSW program. MEP and Biometric submitted in September itself. Hoping to receive the golden news before Christmas. If you have any pointers on how to control the anxiety and focus on your job whilst waiting, do share!
Haha that’s a million dollar question! But sadly no correct answer for this question...! The entire process is a game of testing your patience. I was lucky enough that my process was done within 6 months however I know a few people who’ve been waiting for PR since a year now. Just sit back and relax for 6 months is all I can say

Reactions: Prat007

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I am sorry but i will have to correct you on this one. Its not illegal and nothing in Canada's bills or laws prohibit it from being shipped its only that IRCC dont do it. You could check with the recognized couriers most of them if not all wont mind shipping it, but the issue is that its frowned upon because sometimes the receiving country has restrictions or the shipment gets lost so when shipping it its guranteed to leave Canada but its risky to be delivered to the other side.
Hey you were right. I did get my PR card by courier and it safely reached me in India. Now I’m back in Toronto and travel was not an issue bcos I had my PR card with me.

Maysashahin90

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Hey I returned to Toronto in August 2020 by Vande Bharat Mission flight. What about you - has your PR come through?
I have landed in November too, was planning to come back in July but covid :(
I will be coming next month

How long did you soft land for