+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing enquiry

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Hi,

I have received my CoPR and I am planning to do soft landing by Oct'19. I have the following 2 queries where I need advice:

1. I am the only applicant and since I am planning to do a soft landing for now, I want to take my parents along for a short vacation. Can I link their Visit Visa application with my Express Entry account or do I need to create separate accounts for both of them? How can I apply for their TRV together?

2. Since I plan to move permanently after 1 year. When I do soft landing I'll be still single in line with my CoPR, however, I will be married by the time I move permanently. Will it impact my PR status in any way and do I need to disclose it later again after having received PR Card?

Request advice on the above.

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. Their visa application has nothing to do with your Express Entry application. You will need to apply for them separately. You don't need to create two accounts, just create one for your father and submit an application for both of them under that account.

2. If you have completed your landing, there is nothing you have to do - you don't have to tell IRCC you got married. Presumably you will want to sponsor your spouse for PR, but that's a separate thing. If you haven't landed before you get married, then yes, it's mandatory to inform IRCC and wait for them to examine your spouse and give you new CoPRs before you can land

Reactions: Rish_1506

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Thanks so much, really helps!

Also, can you tell me whether it's mandatory to land on the same port I had mentioned on my application (which I don't recollect) or I can book tickets for any port of landing.

And if I share my relative's address for delivering the card, can my relative courier it to me later? As I read in some posts that it's illegal to mail the card..I you hope that's not the case.. Can you please confirm that if psbl?

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks so much, really helps!

Also, can you tell me whether it's mandatory to land on the same port I had mentioned on my application (which I don't recollect) or I can book tickets for any port of landing.
Any port of entry.

And if I share my relative's address for delivering the card, can my relative courier it to me later? As I read in some posts that it's illegal to mail the card..I you hope that's not the case.. Can you please confirm that if psbl?

Thanks
Yes they can.
Not illegal, just officially frowned upon because they don't really like soft landings.

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Ok sure..thanks!

Is Toronto better or Vancouver to do soft landing? Any specific pros and cons to pick any of these 2 ports?

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Hi,

I have another query similar to this - In case I happen to change jobs here in India before doing a soft landing, will that need to be declared or informed again or doesnt matter?

Pls advise.

Thanks

1. Their visa application has nothing to do with your Express Entry application. You will need to apply for them separately. You don't need to create two accounts, just create one for your father and submit an application for both of them under that account.

2. If you have completed your landing, there is nothing you have to do - you don't have to tell IRCC you got married. Presumably you will want to sponsor your spouse for PR, but that's a separate thing. If you haven't landed before you get married, then yes, it's mandatory to inform IRCC and wait for them to examine your spouse and give you new CoPRs before you can land

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi,

I have another query similar to this - In case I happen to change jobs here in India before doing a soft landing, will that need to be declared or informed again or doesnt matter?

Pls advise.

Thanks
Doesn't matter. You need to inform them if you get married/divorce/have a kid etc. Job change doesn't matter.

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Thanks so much!
This platform is quite helpful! Really appreciate all the advice.. :)

Hi,

Pls advise.

Thanks

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Hi,

What all documents should I take along for the formalities after landing? Originals or photocopies?

1. Birth Certificate and Educational docs required?
2. Photo? How many and what size?
3. Proof of Funds

Also, do I need to buy Insurance for myself before landing even if I am gonna be there only for a week?

What all should I complete in the week's duration
1. PR formalities at Airport
2. Taking SIN

Anything else which is part of Soft landing?

Pls advise.

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
There are a lot of threads on soft landing on this forum. I suggest you read them. All your questions are answered there.

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Hi,

I am doing soft landing in Oct'19. Wanted to ask if I can carry utensils with me on the first visit or if I need to declare anything beforehand.
Also, hope I can still mention utensils in goods to follow list ,to bring again later as well?
Can anyone also pls share a template for goods to follow and goods to carry list?
Thanks in advance!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi,

I am doing soft landing in Oct'19. Wanted to ask if I can carry utensils with me on the first visit or if I need to declare anything beforehand.
Also, hope I can still mention utensils in goods to follow list ,to bring again later as well?
Can anyone also pls share a template for goods to follow and goods to carry list?
Thanks in advance!
You can only do your goods accompanying and goods to follow list both together on the one occasion when you land as settler (you CANNOT do a list now, another later etc.).

Example and useful info here

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

Rish_1506

Jul 20, 2019
Thanks, I intend to get my list once only but does it have to be first time while soft landing or anytime later?

Also, is there any minimum amount of cash I must take along for soft landing formalities? I will have some money in forex card but should I must carry cash as well?

Thanks

You can only do your goods accompanying and goods to follow list both together on the one occasion when you land as settler (you CANNOT do a list now, another later etc.).

Example and useful info here

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada