Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
30-10-2018
Dear all,
What I understand is that CIC is not entertaining the soft landing as of now. But, If I wanted to travel out of the country after the 14 days quarantine in case of emergency. is that possible? How could they stop me from flying out of the country?

Thank You

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Dear all,
What I understand is that CIC is not entertaining the soft landing as of now. But, If I wanted to travel out of the country after the 14 days quarantine in case of emergency. is that possible? How could they stop me from flying out of the country?

Thank You
Its really not recommended to do so ,beacuse IRCC clearly stated on their website that you have to show proof of permanent settlement in form of employment, house rental or any other mean which mean you won't be admitted as PR at the first place without such proof.

Don't do it until you are finally ready to move in

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Its really not recommended to do so ,beacuse IRCC clearly stated on their website that you have to show proof of permanent settlement in form of employment, house rental or any other mean which mean you won't be admitted as PR at the first place without such proof.

Where did you see this specific requirement? Thanks.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Where did you see this specific requirement? Thanks.
Search on Canada.ca website on the travel instructions during COVID-19 and you will find one related to applicants approved as PR

Regards

SAMJI

Oct 23, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
30-10-2018
Its really not recommended to do so ,because IRCC clearly stated on their website that you have to show proof of permanent settlement in form of employment, house rental or any other mean which mean you won't be admitted as PR at the first place without such proof.

We are of a regulated profession, hence we are unable to secure a job unless we satisfy the qualification requirements, which may take time. Both of us are health workers.

I am not sure about the house rental, how to have one without landing there?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear all,

Thank You
They can't stop you, but they can surely fine you and prosecute you under the Quarantine Act. Also, under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act you can be held liable for misrepresentation under section 40(1)(a) since you will be stating that you intend to settle permanently (which means for a long period of time). Barring and compelling circumstances, if you travel, you may expose yourself to these provisions.

40 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

• (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

Reactions: ARookie

SAMJI

Oct 23, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Med's Done....
30-10-2018
They can't stop you, but they can surely fine you and prosecute you under the Quarantine Act. Also, under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act you can be held liable for misrepresentation under section 40(1)(a) since you will be stating that you intend to settle permanently (which means for a long period of time). Barring and compelling circumstances, if you travel, you may expose yourself to these provisions.

40 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

• (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

Thanks for the reply,
We have a bit complicated scenario.

We received our COPR in Nov 2019. We both are working with the Ministry of Health, Kuwait. Our 7-year-old son is in India. We were planning to move to Canada in May 2020. We booked flights and all.

Because of COVID-19, flights were cancelled. My son got stuck in India. He couldn't join us here neither we couldn't fly to Canada.
Now, His visa got expired to Kuwait and Kuwait hasn't started issuing visas again. Thus, he can't join us now.

Here in Kuwait, since we are working with the government, we need exit permits to go out of the country. Kuwait is not issuing exit permits to the health workers as of now, neither accepting resignations due to this emergency situation.

Despite commercial flights have started operations from and to Kuwait since this August 1st, we are unable to travel. Most probably before our COPR expiry, ie Sep 25th, we can't land in.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the reply,
We have a bit complicated scenario.

We received our COPR in Nov 2019. We both are working with the Ministry of Health, Kuwait. Our 7-year-old son is in India. We were planning to move to Canada in May 2020. We booked flights and all.

Because of COVID-19, My son is stuck in India. He can't join us here, as Kuwait not issuing a visit visa and of the flight regulations.

Here in Kuwait, Since we are working with the government, we need exit permits to go out of the country. Kuwait is not issuing exit permits to the health workers as of now, neither accepting resignations due to this emergency situation.

Despite commercial flights have started operations from and to Kuwait since this August 1st, we are unable to travel. Most probably before our COPR expiry, ie Sep 25th, we can't land in.
You should send a webform to IRCC and there should be no issues in IRCC giving extension or even issuing a new COPR when you are ready to travel.