+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

soft landing by air?

gvrt88

Oct 11, 2020
I recently completed my soft landing in Calgary. I took a flight to Calgary and returned to the US using AVR as I had an expired visa. The overall landing process was smooth barring a long waiting time in the queue for SIN walk-in (I didn't book any appointments earlier).

Checklist:
1. COPR
2. Passport with single-entry PR visa
3. COVID vaccination certificate
4. ArriveCan receipt
5. GTC and GTF lists

Key points:
  • Neither Canada nor the US requires COVID test results for air travel any longer
  • Keep at least a buffer day in your itinerary for SIN. It took me ~4 hours to get my SIN at the Service Canada center in Calgary Downtown since it was a walk-in. Please note that most Service Canada centers don't allow walk-in for SIN. Call the SIN helpline # beforehand to understand which centers in your city provide walk-in services
  • Upon arrival, your COPR document will be stamped indicating your PR status activation date. They will also put an entry stamp on the passport and mark the single-entry PR visa as cancelled
  • The CBSA officer at Calgary airport asked me an address for sending the PR card and I gave my friend's address which is from a different province. I didn't explicitly mention that it's my friend address though. The officer told me that the PR card will be mailed within 2-3 months. I used the same address for my GTC/GTF lists as well as SIN
  • The CBSA officer advised me that I'm free to return to the US (it seemed he was quite familiar with the soft landing practice :p). He also told me that I can travel to Canada through land borders using the stamped COPR document before I receive the PR card
All the best for your soft landing and PR journey! :)
Hello, did you get any email from IRCC after your landing asking you to create a PR Card account to upload your photos and address?

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
Hello, did you get any email from IRCC after your landing asking you to create a PR Card account to upload your photos and address?
No, I haven't. I am not being able to find my PR card application for myself and spouse while trying to link it to my account. I found the PR card application only for my daughter. Did you receive any email from IRCC or were you able to find your PR card application?

gvrt88

Oct 11, 2020
I did find my application and linked it but it just says 'Submitted' and no information. Someone in this forum mentioned that they usually send a link to the PR portal with temporary credentials to upload pics for PR card production. I never got that email either