+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing - Ambassador Bridge

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi,
I am planning to travel from the US to Canada and do my landing at the Ambassador Bridge. I will be coming back after spending 2-3 days in Toronto. I have a couple of questions and it would be great if someone can share their recent landing experience.

1. Are there any day/time restrictions to do the landing? The CBSA website seems to say 24*7 but I wanted to confirm.
  2. What documents do I need to carry to show at entry point.
  3. What are the next steps after entering Canada like applying for a PR card, SIN, etc.. It would be great if you could also mention the documents required for them. Do I need to take any appointments or are walk-ins allowed?
  4. Someone posted = 400 City Hall Square E #103, Windsor, ON N9A 7K6, Canada, as the nearest service Canada office from ambassador bridge. Is this correct? if so, can I apply for both PR and SIN here or do they have different offices for them?
    I also found you can apply for SIN online at https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html . can someone confirm this?
Thanks for your help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am planning to travel from the US to Canada and do my landing at the Ambassador Bridge. I will be coming back after spending 2-3 days in Toronto. I have a couple of questions and it would be great if someone can share their recent landing experience.

1. Are there any day/time restrictions to do the landing? The CBSA website seems to say 24*7 but I wanted to confirm.
  2. What documents do I need to carry to show at entry point.
  3. What are the next steps after entering Canada like applying for a PR card, SIN, etc.. It would be great if you could also mention the documents required for them. Do I need to take any appointments or are walk-ins allowed?
  4. Someone posted = 400 City Hall Square E #103, Windsor, ON N9A 7K6, Canada, as the nearest service Canada office from ambassador bridge. Is this correct? if so, can I apply for both PR and SIN here or do they have different offices for them?
    I also found you can apply for SIN online at https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html . can someone confirm this?
Thanks for your help.
You don't apply for (initial) PR card at Service Canada office. Unless your photo has issue, it will be mailed to your Canadian address after your landing.

If you are staying in Toronto 2-3 days, why going to the office in Windsor? There are other locations in greater Toronto area or Hamilton. Make sure you fill up the gas in Detroit.