+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing (14 Days) / Raising Webform

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi All - I am setting up this thread to track and share any soft landing or webform experience - Only for those based out of the US.

My Situation: CoPR expires Aug 8th (Approval was before March 18th 2020). I plan for two options:

1) Raise a webform and hope to get an extension
2) Take two weeks off (Haven't had a vacation in a while) and plan to travel and stay for 14 days near YYZ airport and return

I will keep you guys posted - would appreciate if others can also do so. We are in a unique situation IMO, where we don't have restrictions to travel (especially if approved before March 18th, 2020), however, return to US due to immigration is something that concerns me a bit.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi All - I am setting up this thread to track and share any soft landing or webform experience - Only for those based out of the US.

My Situation: CoPR expires Aug 8th (Approval was before March 18th 2020). I plan for two options:

2) Take two weeks off (Haven't had a vacation in a while) and plan to travel and stay for 14 days near YYZ airport and return

I will keep you guys posted - would appreciate if others can also do so. We are in a unique situation IMO, where we don't have restrictions to travel (especially if approved before March 18th, 2020), however, return to US due to immigration is something that concerns me a bit.
Extension to what ? Your COPR has been valid for use since Feb 2020
CBP immigration policies are not relevant in the slightest to your IRCC obligations in landing

Mar 8, 2020

I'm in a similar situation. Don't know what sort of challenges will be faced at port of entry during return. This whole thing about "essential" work is what's throwing me off.

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
I raised a webform yesterday just to be safe - will keep you all posted on what I hear - I am not sure if they will give extension - In any case I am planning to travel in July, do a 14 day quarantine and return.

For the US side, yes its a valid concern, but if they ask I will tell them the truth - Anyways I have 1 year left for my H1-B and extension is a toss up.

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019

I am in exactly same situation. I did call CBP helpline and talked to one of the agents. He told me that returning to US for work is considered essential travel. In our case that should be the case. I have seen few folks have already done this successfully.
However I am worried about a potential high skilled immigration exec order from trump. It could come anytime in next 2-3 weeks and I worry what kind of restrictions it will have.

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Got the generic reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan to travel within the next 2 weeks, stay 14 days and return.

Mar 8, 2020
Got the generic reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan to travel within the next 2 weeks, stay 14 days and return.
How are you planning to travel? by air or land border? Which place do you plan to do landing?