+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
huriaali said:
Dear Members,

1. have someone got positive review beside not having social work qualification?
2. should i first register with social work association Ontario and then apply?
3. should i drop idea applying in this occupation

I will appreciate your kind advice.

Thanks
Dear Hariaali,

Welcome to the thread,

There are different opinion about applying as a SW without having a SW degree,
Some say Degree in SW is necessary for Applying as a SW.
Some say Degree in Social Sciences will do, for applying as SW.
Others say, one should have at least 01 year experience as a Social worker, to qualify under this category.

As far as I am concerned, I think u have a solid background coz u are working in an NGO supporting people affected by Cancer, and u also have a degree in biological Sciences that supports ur job and ur job justifies ur education. Other members are welcome for their comments.
Doctors, physiologists & psychologists also don't have the back ground in SW studies, yet they can work as Social workers.
I also request u to send a personal message to our forum member “Darwaish”, he did his masters in International affairs and got his application in process. He is now waiting for the Medical Request.

SW is a regulated occupation in Canada, even in Ontario, and all other provinces, except, Yukon & Nunavut. You will have to get ur credentials evaluated to work as a SW in these provinces... U can do it, once u are very near getting ur PR.
Right now what u are supposed to do is, to make ur mind, and if u r sure to apply, apply atonce,

U are welcome for any further query!
Cheers,
Nashe

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
samar123 said:
Hello Nashe h ru?Yes Dear mine was received by M KRSZWDA too.........best ov luck.
Am fine Samar, Alhamdullilah,
Thanks

and now
Arz kia hai......

Lets sit back & rest
Wish u all the best,

BUT

Let me say,
Dont forget to pray...

Adab arz hai :p
Cheers,
NAshe

zeem

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO now ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2011
AOR Received.
28/06/2011
IELTS Request
Already Submitted with documents
Med's Request
15/7/2013 (babys med 07-07-14), Spouse rescheduled for Medical :9-9-14
Med's Done....
30-7-2013, 7-7-14, 9-9-14
Interview........
12/2/2013 ..
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 02-04-2014, PR2 29-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2014
LANDED..........
InshaAllah March 2015
nashe_31 said:
CONGRATS Gen.Gudu, am really happy to know about ur PER,
U have crossed a mile stone.
Cheers,
Nashe
hi Nashe! congrats on filing ur application !
I wanted to ask 2 things :
1. Is the PER received through courier ?
2. Which is your Visa Office ?

BR,
Zeem !

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
zeem said:
hi Nashe! congrats on filing ur application !
I wanted to ask 2 things :
1. Is the PER received through courier ?
2. Which is your Visa Office ?

BR,
Zeem !
Thanks Zeem,
1. As far as i know, we get our PER notification through Email, and also through regular mail, though it takes some time.
2. London

Regards,
Nashe

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
nashe_31 said:
Dear Hariaali,

Welcome to the thread,

Others say, one should have at least 01 year experience as a Social worker, to qualify under this category.

As far as I am concerned, I think u have a solid background coz u are working in an NGO supporting people affected by Cancer, and u also have a degree in biological Sciences that supports ur job and ur job justifies ur education. Other members are welcome for their comments.
Doctors, physiologists & psychologists also don't have the back ground in SW studies, yet they can work as Social workers.
I also request u to send a personal message to our forum member “Darwaish”, he did his masters in International affairs and got his application in process. He is now waiting for the Medical Request.

SW is a regulated occupation in Canada, even in Ontario, and all other provinces, except, Yukon & Nunavut. You will have to get ur credentials evaluated to work as a SW in these provinces... U can do it, once u are very near getting ur PR.
Right now what u are supposed to do is, to make ur mind, and if u r sure to apply, apply atonce,

Cheers,
Nashe
To add to what Nashe has said, whether a social work degree is a prerequisite for FSW under NOC 4152 is a contentious issue. I have made some observations:
1. Bearing in mind that they are going to scrutinize your job duties, should be a plus for you as you seem to have a sound background in the human services.
2. I have come across social work posts (especially those in mental health) which do also ask for degree in psychology and other social sciences. Take eg the ad from one of my job alerts:
http://www.charityvillage.com/cvnet/viewlisting.aspx?id=233056&eng=True&fs=True&fa=False
‘ Social Worker
St. Leonard's Community Services is currently seeking a Social Worker for the Reintegration Program. You will report directly to the Director, Mental Health and play an integral part of the case management and reintegration for all of the crisis clients and community referred clients in the criminal justice sector with mental health issues. As a team member in the Reintegration Program, you will be responsible to develop individualized support plans for clients that you work to implement while supporting their reintegration into the community. You will be responsible to network and develop partners to promote the program service delivery. You will be responsible for assessing risk and clinical suitability for clients that are at EMDC, Adult Therapeutic Court and other community locations. Your role will include community based care management in the Reintegration Program for very complex, and challenging clients. You will liaise with other community partners and team members to provide consultation for challenging clients with an expertise in high risk mental health clients. You will be expected to represent SLCS in the community and liaise with ministry, court and police officials.

You will be able to work with staff and clients from diverse populations; contribute to program development; provide education support and supervision to other staff. You will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all the applicable and regulatory requirements. This position is located at Head Office and you will be expected to travel between the residential facilities and to community locations.

Required Qualifications:

• Minimum university or college 2- 5 yrs relevant experience in Corrections and Mental Health

• CPR/First Aid/AED – current
• Crisis Intervention and Prevention
• Mediation/Conflict Resolution
• Security Clearance
• Valid Driver's License
• must own a safe and reliable vehicle
Please forward your resume in confidence by email to dlegg @ slcs.ca or mail to Donna Legg, Director Corporate Services, St. Leonard's Community Services, London & Region 405 Dundas Street, London, Ontario N6B 1V9. The closing date for this posting is June 8th, 2011'.

I think it is 50:50 and only CIO can determine whether qualification in social work is a prerequisite for application under this NOC. You can give it shot by adding a letter indicating that even though you have no social work degree, you have qualification and experience in human service, which is enough to make you economically establish yourself and integrate you into the Canadian community (something to that effect). So really, you've had it both ways: either you go with what u already have or tally in doubt. Hope this long narrative has helped somehow :D!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
devilhimselff said:
Hmm Search for MILLER brought me here :D

My application was delivered on 18th to "MILLER CITENSHIP". As per courier tracking details.

Hmm still no DD Charged for me. Anyways back to May 2011 forum :)
hahahahahha.....no news for me either...also back to May 2011 forum ;D

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Viktoria said:
Thank you Nashe, I wish you and all our forum friends get their visa fast and smooth.

All the best

Viktoria
Dear Victoria, Heartiest Congrats, for a PER, which u got after changing ur NER in a brave manner.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hi guys,
I've got a very good news of my own.....just checked account, CC charged today!! Yipeee.....one hurdle passed...the next test is the PER....

Viktoria

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13.07.2011 add. document
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
17.10.2011 In process........: 23.11.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
nashe_31 said:
Dear Victoria, Heartiest Congrats, for a PER, which u got after changing ur NER in a brave manner.
Thanks nashe_31,

You are such a good friend.

Good luck for your application!I wish you fast and smooth process.

Viktoria

Viktoria

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13.07.2011 add. document
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
GEN. GUDU said:
MY DETAIL IS

APPLICTION RECEIVED: 18TH APRIL
DD ENCHASED: 26TH APRIL
PER RECEIVED: 25TH MAY
NOC: 4152
VISA OFFICE: LONDON
Congratulations for you PER GEN. GUDU!

All the best in the rest of process

Viktoria

Viktoria

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13.07.2011 add. document
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
nashe_31 said:
Dear Hariaali,

Welcome to the thread,

Cheers,
Nashe
I think you should have at least 1 year working experience as a social worker, with the job duties described by NOC 4152, and do not necessarily have a degree in Social Work.

Viktoria

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
mandiebraxton said:
Hi guys,
I've got a very good news of my own.....just checked account, CC charged today!! Yipeee.....one hurdle passed...the next test is the PER....
Congrats Mandie!, completed a step! Lets hope for the same achievements in the future, for u and all here.
Cheers,
Nashe

astopal

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nashe_31 said:
Congrats Mandie!, completed a step! Lets hope for the same achievements in the future, for u and all here.
Cheers,
Nashe
hi all
can anybody tell me the process, abt, as my employer is changed and also i renew my passport, and my file is just recieved by Visa office 10 days ago i filed my application in March 2011, but after march due to adminstrative changes in the Govt of Pakistan, my Ministry is devoloved, and now i am with other Ministry, My previous Ministry is now finished completely, and i sent that details with my initial application. and my passport will expire on oct 2011, which i sent with my application but i need to renew it for a visit to other country so i renew it , now it is necessory to inform VO abt these changes?,and how can i send them these information, and to whom i addresse??? plz update me,,,, my VO is London

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
astopal said:
hi all
can anybody tell me the process, abt, as my employer is changed and also i renew my passport, and my file is just recieved by Visa office 10 days ago i filed my application in March 2011, but after march due to adminstrative changes in the Govt of Pakistan, my Ministry is devoloved, and now i am with other Ministry, My previous Ministry is now finished completely, and i sent that details with my initial application. and my passport will expire on oct 2011, which i sent with my application but i need to renew it for a visit to other country so i renew it , now it is necessory to inform VO abt these changes?,and how can i send them these information, and to whom i addresse??? plz update me,,,, my VO is London
You must tell your VO as soon as your circumstance changes, be it marriage, divorce, baby etc. For London VO, checked the CIC website and for London VO, check this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp and follow the prompt for case specific enquiry. Hope it helps!

sham.rash

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jul-2011
File Transfer...
RBVO -19-Aug-2011, In Process - 23-Nov-2011
Med's Request
24-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
07-Dec-2011, E-cas update 24-Dec-2011
Passport Req..
24-Nov-2011, RPRF/PP sent on 10-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jan-2012, DM on E-cas -14-Jan-2012
Dear Nashe & Mandie,

My application reached CIO today morning, received by KRSZWDA - CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION.

Nashe, yours also received by the same person, and congrats Mandie on your CC charging.

Wish you guys luck and hope we all get a positive response.

Now counting days for CC charging.

Shami