+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

social assistance

Oct 27, 2017
We're applying for my husband under family class sponsorship. I know that if youre on Gov assistance that you cant be a sponsor, I live in my mother's house but it's a government house. Although the house isnt in my name or anything, I literally just live there, do you think that could potentially cause any problems? TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assuming you mean your mother lives in subsidized housing. Yes that should be fine bt you must show how you will support your husband when he comes to Canada without relying on the government help. You'll have to show that you are employed, have savings, etc.

Reactions: stephannymora1638
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming you mean your mother lives in subsidized housing. Yes that should be fine bt you must show how you will support your husband when he comes to Canada without relying on the government help. You'll have to show that you are employed, have savings, etc.
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your mother also may have to tell her subsidized housing provider who is living in the apartment and their incomes because access to subsidized housing is based on the inability to afford market rate rent based on income of the household.

Reactions: starnaenae

Noodin

Nov 9, 2018
Hi. I’m in the processes of sponsoring my husband. I’m in subsidized housing, will this effect our application? Thank you