01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone know if getting social assistance from Ministry affects PR application? Thanks
It doesn’t but you are expected to work if it possible as someone receiving social assistance. With unemployment levels being as low as they are finding work if you know English should be easy. Canada has provided you a safe place to live but the country does expect you to try to contribute to the country in a variety of ways. You should want to work given the amount of money you receive in welfare and expect the Alberta government to be asking you why you/your family unit aren’t/isn’t looking for employment, what are you doing to find employment, etc. It will likely take around 2 years to get PR do you have plenty of time to find employment before getting PR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simba112

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
It doesn’t but you are expected to work if it possible as someone receiving social assistance. With unemployment levels being as low as they are finding work if you know English should be easy. Canada has provided you a safe place to live but the country does expect you to try to contribute to the country in a variety of ways. You should want to work given the amount of money you receive in welfare and expect the Alberta government to be asking you why you/your family unit aren’t/isn’t looking for employment, what are you doing to find employment, etc. It will likely take around 2 years to get PR do you have plenty of time to find employment before getting PR.
Well the Canada you are talking about provided me with safe place but still thinking whether to give me my work permit or not, it has been 1 years and 8 months and still waiting. It is for government's best interest to issue work permits within weeks so that people work and pay taxes to feed this government. So yea I have an excuse when they ask me that question. But still worried when applying for PR application it asks about the occupation, writing unemployed might raise concerns from their side or even put my application sit for some time.

Reactions: ref19to22

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well the Canada you are talking about provided me with safe place but still thinking whether to give me my work permit or not, it has been 1 years and 8 months and still waiting. It is for government's best interest to issue work permits within weeks so that people work and pay taxes to feed this government. So yea I have an excuse when they ask me that question. But still worried when applying for PR application it asks about the occupation, writing unemployed might raise concerns from their side or even put my application sit for some time.
It doesnt if you are protected person. It is for statistical purpose.

Reactions: jinglebell0123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is nothing to be worried about with regards to your PR application. Taking social assistance has no impact. Ignore the comment above.