+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social aid for refugees.

Canada 2021

Aug 2, 2021
Hello everyone, hope all is going to be good! I'm in Montreal. Want to ask, my lawyer submitted my documents in March this year and in April I did medical examination, and since then no any action. I didn't do biometric. Is it okay? And I aslo want to request for social aid but I don't have a refuge status, I have just Acknowledge of Acceptance. Can I still request for social aid???And how to do it correctly?! Will appreciate for the advice!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, hope all is going to be good! I'm in Montreal. Want to ask, my lawyer submitted my documents in March this year and in April I did medical examination, and since then no any action. I didn't do biometric. Is it okay? And I aslo want to request for social aid but I don't have a refuge status, I have just Acknowledge of Acceptance. Can I still request for social aid???And how to do it correctly?! Will appreciate for the advice!
You should apply for a WP. Welfare is a very small amount of money and very difficult to live off of. Whether you qualify for welfare will depend on your assets. You’re expected to exhaust your own funds before receiving funds from the government. If you were able to file in March you either have a close family member in Canada, have a study permit, had a WP and a job, have been in Canada since before the pandemic and likely another scenario that I haven’t remembered.

Canada 2021

Aug 2, 2021
You should apply for a WP. Welfare is a very small amount of money and very difficult to live off of. Whether you qualify for welfare will depend on your assets. You’re expected to exhaust your own funds before receiving funds from the government. If you were able to file in March you either have a close family member in Canada, have a study permit, had a WP and a job, have been in Canada since before the pandemic and likely another scenario that I haven’t remembered.
Hi, yes of course, I applied for WP. Please correct me if I wrong, but i can get WP/ Study Permit only after biometric and eligibility interview.

yvoma

Dec 31, 2020
see here:
https://www.quebec.ca/en/family-and-support-for-individuals/financial-assistance/social-assistance-social-solidarity/how-to-apply

Reactions: Canada 2021