+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So confuse! I got a refusal letter of my Post Graduation Work Permit

LOVEPEACH

Mar 6, 2014
Hi,
I finished my programme sincce last December and I am so sure this programe have eligible to apply a Post-Graduation Work Permit, but yesterday, I receive a refusal letter, so I called CIC, the lady told me she sent a reconsideration letter to CIC office, because I do have eligible to get my PG work permit, I am so confuse what's wrong with my application can let the officier made a refusal dicision, and normally what will happen next?
Thanks

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
LOVEPEACH said:
Hi,
I finished my programme sincce last December and I am so sure this programe have eligible to apply a Post-Graduation Work Permit, but yesterday, I receive a refusal letter, so I called CIC, the lady told me she sent a reconsideration letter to CIC office, because I do have eligible to get my PG work permit, I am so confuse what's wrong with my application can let the officier made a refusal dicision, and normally what will happen next?
Thanks
What is the reason for refusal?

LOVEPEACH

Mar 6, 2014
guri3577 said:
What is the reason for refusal?
After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a
person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if
they have engaged in full-time studies for at least eight months at a:
 University, community college, CEGEP,
 publicly funded trade/technical school or
 private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
As you do not meet this requirement, it has been determined that you are not eligible for a work
permit in this category.
That's what he said, but I confirmed to school, my program is eligible, also the CIC call center representative said it is eligible to get PGWP, that's why she sent a reconsideration letter to visa officer.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
did u study full time ? or did u take a sem off.....

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
LOVEPEACH said:
All session I registered full time, and I pass all the exams and courses.
which college did u study?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOVEPEACH said:
LaSalle College, 4 sessions program full time
4 Sessions? Is that all? That's nowhere near full time. I have 8 sessions per week, each are 3 hours.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
Flipz said:
I'm guessing he/she means semesters.
Ya, that's what I am thinking too. Lovepeach, you should make sure your file is being reconsidered and the officer has access to all the documents you uploaded because as you may know one only gets 90 days to apply for PGWP after graduating unless it is an error on CIC's part.
One of my friends also got a rejection and was told that they couldn't see the school letter uploaded(which he had uploaded). So, he had to apply again even though it wasn't his fault and is waiting for decision atm.He also got the same refusal letter as yours.
Good luck!

LOVEPEACH

Mar 6, 2014
guri3577 said:
Ya, that's what I am thinking too. Lovepeach, you should make sure your file is being reconsidered and the officer has access to all the documents you uploaded because as you may know one only gets 90 days to apply for PGWP after graduating unless it is an error on CIC's part.
One of my friends also got a rejection and was told that they couldn't see the school letter uploaded(which he had uploaded). So, he had to apply again even though it wasn't his fault and is waiting for decision atm.He also got the same refusal letter as yours.
Good luck!
Thank you your answer, I don't think something missing with my upload, because the CIC call center representative knows which program and which college I studying in, I just don't know the reason which part I made this problem, representative already sent a reconsideration letter, just told me please wait the result, I am so sad these days and I can't concentrate to do everything!