+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Slow Citizenship Application Process

Lilacbu

May 17, 2019
Hello there,
I sent my citizenship application (single) Aug 22nd 2018 and it was "in process" on Nov 9th 2018.
Still haven't heard back from them since then.
Should I be worried since we're in May (10 months)?
I also called CIC phone # but they weren't able to tell me anything else than I should wait 12 months in order to get more info.
I am in Toronto and I heard that Mississauga CIC office is really busy and this may cause delays in our area.
Any other person in the same boat?
Thanks in advance for your reply

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hello there,
I sent my citizenship application (single) Aug 22nd 2018 and it was "in process" on Nov 9th 2018.
I also called CIC phone # but they weren't able to tell me anything else than I should wait 12 months in order to get more info.
I am in Toronto and I heard that Mississauga CIC office is really busy and this may cause delays in our area.
Mine is 14 months and still process which is kind of the norm for GTA applicants.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello there,
The best thing to do is adjusting your expectation and wait for a year before calling them again